Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When we stay up.....

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
What sort of transfer strategy do you think Pardew will be taking with the excess cash ?

Comments

• Options
    Well as long as he doesn't try and sign Ferdinand the younger I don't care.
    Defoe seems permanently out of favour at Spuds. Does anyone ever see the possibility of him coming back?
  • Options
    i always thought that Defoe was 'out of our league' to be honest.

But i'm falling for the Pardew schmoozing so much, i really think anything is possible to be honest. I had us as certain relegation a while ago, i'm still not fully fully confident, but i'm seriously starting to waiver...
  • Options
    Graveson..
  • Options
    it's Gravesend without the d
  • Options
    parp!
  • Options
    When we stay up I'll let you know....! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i always thought that Defoe was 'out of our league' to be honest.

But i'm falling for the Pardew schmoozing so much, i really think anything is possible to be honest. I had us as certain relegation a while ago, i'm still not fully fully confident, but i'm seriously starting to waiver...

to be honest I think he still is and would never come to us even if we did stay up..if we can't hold on to Bent (I think he'll be off even if we do stay up for some reason) then we've got no hope of persuading Defoe to join (who in my opinion is one of the best finishers around - although it pain's me to say that)

re; your 2nd point.....my thoughts exactly !!!!
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks we can either afford Defoe or that he would come to us is clearly having delusions.

FFS, when will people get the message that signing "name" players on big wages is a disaster for clubs like Charlton, they don't really want to be there and their ego and wages just spread bad feeling through the camp.

The only exception to the above was DiCanio and he was 35 and knew he could not get a game elsewhere, plus, of course, he was a great pro.

If we stay up then Pards will use whatever funds we have on signing the best CCC players, like he did with West Ham, and more experienced pros like Thatcher who can do a job in the Prem.
  • Options
    Cant we do what Arsenal look across the world and get young players who are good on the ball and coach them through.