Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Harry lennon

Well done Harry Lennon on getting new contract

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013

"Academy graduate Harry Lennon has signed a new contract which commits him to Charlton until 2016"

Well done Harry and good luck. Pleased to see him sign up.
  • Options
    Meant to be decent so good news.
  • Options
    Looks like we'll have the youngest squad ever to play in league 1 next season................................
  • Options

Looks like we'll have the youngest squad ever to play in league 1 next season................................

At least our kids know how to win a game...
  • Options
    The youth team management and presumably the 'money men' have the right idea .. forget about signing workaday seasoned pros and concentrate on getting the cream of the youth crop under contract .. increasingly, as times move on and change, the academy/youth 'products' will be the future foundation of the CAFC playing staff, not outside signings, expensive or otherwise.
  • Options

The youth team management and presumably the 'money men' have the right idea .. forget about signing workaday seasoned pros and concentrate on getting the cream of the youth crop under contract .. increasingly, as times move on and change, the academy/youth 'products' will be the future foundation of the CAFC playing staff, not outside signings, expensive or otherwise.

I hate to be negative but I can't help fearing that it is more about ensuring a fee is received when our talent moves onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I hate to be negative but I can't help fearing that it is more about ensuring a fee is received when our talent moves onwards and upwards.
    possibly ... (more likely probably on reflection) CAFC as Gladiator School .. I wrote years ago that the academy could be a money maker .. I was thinking on the lines not just of producing 'saleable' players but as a fee taking school of excellence. I still think that in future this might be the case. 'My son's down for Eton' .. 'How yesterday old boy, mine is in line to go to Sparrows Lane' ((:>)

• Options
    you don't win anything with youngsters...... ;)
  • Options

you don't win anything with youngsters...... ;)

lol .. you watch !!!!
  • Options
    Nobody told him there'd be days like these.

Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now you've done. I imagine there will be pages of puns now
  • Options
    congrats Harry well deserved onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

If that happens then that's great for us. If 2/3 of the current group become Prem players we've done very well. The club made a mistake only giving Jenkinson a 1 year deal and I imagine only offered a new one around the time clubs elsewhere became interested.

It's interesting that it's only December and 7/8 youngsters have signed new deals since the season started. Must have been on contracts until next June, some only until December. Does make you wonder why they weren't on longer deals in the first place though.
  • Options
    very good news well done all involved
  • Options

Now you've done. I imagine there will be pages of puns now

Henry, don't be a jealous guy
  • Options
    Send him to Wimbledon. Then if he has a couple decent games people can cry out for his recall ;-)
  • Options
    So as things stand, have we got a starting 11 of players under contract next season? What would be the best 11 be?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Pope
    Solly - Lennon - Feely(?) - Holmes-Dennis
    ? - Poyet - Cousins - Harriott
    Church - Pigott

Cant think of anyone else who has signed a new Contract or be under Contract still
  • Options
    Wilson until 2015?
  • Options
    When does Poyet contract run out, i have never seen anything about him extending/signing?