Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting on Charlton

Every week, I have a small forecast bet on the weekend's football, i never every include Charlton in my bet. Mainly because i lose most weeks and I do not want to tempt fate. I never bet on or against England either.

On the flip side my brother in law (not an Addick) will bet on his own side to lose, he's also bet against England.

I'm not a big gambler and would rather my side win than me benefiting a few quid.

Am I letting my heart rule my head!!

Comments

• Options
    Maybe we should all put money on us to get relegated at 3-1 and buy the club ourselves if admin is to be true
  • Options
    I always leave Charlton well alone in my bets. Could do without them letting me down in more ways than one.
  • Options
    I never bet against us, should do really as the amount of games we lose 1 nil you could make a profit
  • Options
    I'm the same wont bet against us, have occasionally put us to lose 4 or 5-0 if I have a feeling were going to get battered, but I will never put the other team in a acc.
    I never bet for us much either again occasionally put the 2 centre backs to score the first goal, now that is a great feeling when that comes in, but will never put us in acc.

• Options
    I had Derby in an acca on Saturday. I back us quite a bit through heart instead of head though
  • Options
    Never let your heart rule your head when there's money involved. Carry on steering well clear.
  • Options
    I never include Charlton in predictions or bet for Charlton.

I will bet against occasionally on the basis that I'm not the best tipster and if I lose I win because Charlton win!
  • Options
    Happy to bet against Charlton. Takes some of the hurt off another defeat. Score on derby at 13/10 too good to turn down
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    JT said:

I had Derby in an acca on Saturday. I back us quite a bit through heart instead of head though

Charlton need a point to stay up at Blackpool, Blackpool are winning 2-1 all your other teams have won and you stand to win 50k. Charlton get a pen in the 94th min do you want them to score or miss? I think my head would explode. That's not just aimed at you JT anyone who would back against us. oh and I dont see anything wrong with it either just couldnt do it myself.

• Options
    Bet against Charlton in a treble with Millwall and palace both winning. Been doing it for three seasons and i am about 400% up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't include us in something like that Nick ! No way.
  • Options
    The pick-ups I have had in the ground this season have all been betting against us:

McDonald 1st goal Millwall
    McCormack 1st and last goal Leeds
    Ward 1st goal Derby
    Bryson last goal Derby

• Options

Bet against Charlton in a treble with Millwall and palace both winning. Been doing it for three seasons and i am about 400% up

I do it the other way round... no wonder I never have any money

• Options
    I do Charlton to be losing at half time and then to win the match. Always seem to be going my way at half time, however never seem to be winning as of late.
  • Options
    When Charlton play away I'll always do some Accas involving every game in the England / Scotland Divisions (to make Soccer Saturday a bit more interesting).

Will only ever put Charlton down to win (and only in one match) - Would never put money on a team to beat us
  • Options
    2009 I won a lot of money betting against us, 2011 won a lot of money backing us!!!

other than those two season where we were beyond awful and then simply brilliant I tend to stay away from us, we always seem to win when we shouldn't and lose/draw when we should win!!!
  • Options

Did this the other way for a few months.....had to stop once the losses were approaching three figures!

My advice, listen to sonicstud!

• Options

HaHa ToolboxNigel85

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I used to not bet against us. However, with our downfall to League 1 I thought it would be a way to at least claim a tiny bit of positivity from many dour weeks.

I also don't mind including Millwall or Palace now as a win for them can then benefit a little.
  • Options
    The one time I had a bet on Charlton this season was us to beat Blackburn away.

I had £20 on at roughly 4/1

Cheers Mr. Church
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how the fcuk can you claim Ward 1st goalscorer, it took a massive deflection, surely thats got to go down as og
  • Options
    I had a fiver in one hand and a coupon in the other on Saturday and was about to put my x against 2-0 Derby but my mate talked me out of it as I shouldn't bet against my own team. Git!!!!!!
  • Options

I had a fiver in one hand and a coupon in the other on Saturday and was about to put my x against 2-0 Derby but my mate talked me out of it as I shouldn't bet against my own team. Git!!!!!!

Who's a Sillybilly then?