Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apathy to say/do something

Hi everyone, I've been reading posts on here for a while and often relay information I read on here to my not very computer-savvy Charlton-supporting family, obviously what with the current state of the club I read a lot on here as possible.

I normally just read but obviously the club sale and the lack of communication from the owners and board is shambolic at the moment, but it surprises me all the more that some don't want to do anything about it because it may harm the players' morale and that "the board are never there anyway".

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to become a club like Wolves or Sheffield United who protested about pretty much every manager and many other things, look where they are now. Nor do I want loads of money pumped into the club now and leaving us in a precarious state in the future where we've spent beyond our means, and I don't want the Slater/Jimenez/Cash to rush through with a takeover and we get perhaps another owner who is looking to make a quick buck or didn't have the necessary finances.

All we really want is some openness and communication from the board regarding the takeover, players' contracts, the Greenwich Peninsula and much more, and that's not too much to ask. Don't want to get into jokes about wherever Kent Addicks, but I feel that we need to at least do something to try and either gain someone on the board's attention who actually goes to the games.

Also, given that there has been a small debate on how many voted for the ACV in the grand scheme of things, surely this would be a really good way to unite all the supporters behind one cause to just try and get some answers, and maybe let others know who perhaps aren't aware. And regarding the players and coaching staff morale, they're probably already low because they don't know where they're going to be come June, so surely it's in their best interest if we're trying to get some answers about their future as well.

I don't want a full-scale overhaul, a quick sale, or money we don't have just jumped in, but we need some communication and some answers, because at the moment. Voice of the Valley is doing a fantastic job, a great read and doing its best to try and get information out there, but as a large fanbase we could do so much more, increase awareness among supporters and get a large group involved on Saturdays, whether it be banners or whatever, cause at the moment all that's going around is an awful Paint job Slater & Jimenez out picture on Twitter. We got The Valley back didn't we?

Say it's stupid etc. but we aren't exactly getting much on here arguing with SLP writers and saying my mate told me this and complaining about a Chelsea supporting getting a Huffington Post gig. Let's try and at least do something and get some answers.

Comments

• Options
    As I've posted before companies do not share details of sensitive confidential negotiations with the general public. A football club is no different.
  • Options
    Welcome West, I think you're mad, but welcome anyway ;-) If you can think of any way that we can persuade the owners to be more open, I think we would all be very happy. But I don't think property developers are noted for their openness.