Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Takeover Question what would you prefer?

2 groups are interested in Charlton (hypothetical!!).

1. Lead by a long standing fan, regular face to many but fronts a consortium who could save the club, keep it running but would not be able to invest money to get to the next level unless they raised ticket prices, would rely on the manager to wheel and deal and use youth to get to the next level.

2. Billioniare no attachment to Charlton, but sees a good investment and return. Is willing to invest large amounts to get Charlton in to the premiership, move to Pennisula and then cash out.

Faced with the 2 choices which would you support??

Comments

• Options
    2)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Bit of both
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ......1, on its own is what should be happening at the moment. Leave aside the owners being fans
  • Options
    Both just get rid of the knobs we got in charge now
  • Options
    2 then 1
  • Options
    1, but he then wins the euro millions 6 weeks in a row.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 who then sells to 1
  • Options
    1.Although,I am not sure such people exist any more certainly those who would have the resources to get us back in the EPL
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    1. But someone with a good business experience/background who will strategically grow the club and improve its revenue streams.
  • Options
    2 pls
  • Options
    1 the only real chance for fan participation
  • Options
  • Options
    2) A passion or love can be created much easier than a billion £'s can
  • Options
    1. Because to me viability in the Championship is more important than being in the Premiership and having to sell our soul to mercenaries, agents and plastic supporters
  • Options
    1.5, somewhere in the middle ;)
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

1. Because to me viability in the Championship is more important than being in the Premiership and having to sell our soul to mercenaries, agents and plastic supporters

Is there any such thing as viability in the Championship these days? - it seems to me that if you're not prepared to run at a whopping loss (due to half decent player's wages) then you're likely to get relegated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    After visiting the Vatican, I would like the Pope to take us over. That organisation is seriously seriously loaded!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

After visiting the Vatican, I would like the Pope to take us over. That organisation is seriously seriously loaded!

wouldn't get through Divine Diligence

• Options

Kap10 said:

Is there any such thing as viability in the Championship these days? - it seems to me that if you're not prepared to run at a whopping loss (due to half decent player's wages) then you're likely to get relegated.
    I suppose you are right, but I have the utopian dream that the Premiership pisses off and we are left with real football, the markets equalise, resulting in lower wages, clubs become viable!
  • Options

pettgra said:

wouldn't get through Divine Diligence

Ouch! If they did, I would like the idea that his eminence would be praying for three points. Would that go down as match fixing?
  • Options

Then 1

Then me
  • Options
    2. I don't like it, but it is the only viable solution.
  • Options
    No one going for

3. Stick with the current lot who are doing a great job, then? ; - )
  • Options