Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unluckiest Grounds

Which teams home ground is the worst for results against Charlton which you have been to. Mine is Arsenal, Highbury and Emirates been either six or seven times and all we have got was a 2-2 draw.(didn't go to the 4-2 game)

Comments

• Options
    Blackburn.
    Went twice in one season for league and Fa Cup,
    Kevin Davies scored 2 goals in his Blackburn career and I got to see them both. The first was about 20 yards which pee rolled through Sasa Ilic's legs. about a month or so later went again for a fa cup game, we were losing 1-0 and super Sasa decided to go up for a corner on about the 87th minute which resulted in them breaking away and super Kev scoring again.

Also went to the Operation Ewood shambles which we lost 4-1 and pretty much confirmed our relegation to the championship.

I hate that place
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Burnden Park.....................went there 5 times and we never got a sniff! Usually we got tonked, saw a 0.5, 1.4 when we had Simmo, 1.4 last game at Burnden, 0.2 in the snow in about 82-83 season when we had to go in the seats because the terrace was closed and Charlton had a load of inflatable blow up dolls, 2.3 when John McGinley dived for a pen in about 94.95. Not a happy hunting ground for us!
  • Options
    Rotherham`s Millmoor was another one, went there 3 times and lost all of them including a 0.3 in our promotion season 80-81 when we hit the post and missed a penalty.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Burnden Park.....................went there 5 times and we never got a sniff! Usually we got tonked, saw a 0.5, 1.4 when we had Simmo, 1.4 last game at Burnden, 0.2 in the snow in about 82-83 season when we had to go in the seats because the terrace was closed and Charlton had a load of inflatable blow up dolls, 2.3 when John McGinley dived for a pen in about 94.95. Not a happy hunting ground for us!

Yeah been Three times and lost the lot including 5-1 and 4-1.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    It took me 5 attempts to see us win at Leicester. I think my current worst are Loftus Road and Selhurst, 4 losses at each.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

The Valley

I'd like to know how many games at The Valley people had to go to before they saw us win. I struck gold in my second game (2-0 v Newcastle,1982?), but some must have made it into double figures.
  • Options
    The graveyards used to be Bolton, Luton, and Sheffield United. I think we got more results at the Den in the 70/80's than at those three.
  • Options
    Loftus road we always seem t lose at
  • Options
    QPR, always a defeat, and usually a boring one at that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

shine166 said:

The Valley

I'd like to know how many games at The Valley people had to go to before they saw us win. I struck gold in my second game (2-0 v Newcastle,1982?), but some must have made it into double figures.
    From what I remember my early years of supporting Charlton I never saw us win at the Valley - Havent a clue when the matches were (between '94 and '97) but they would have been...

Stoke City 0-0 / Tranmere Rovers 0-0 / Southend United 0-3 (there may have been more)

My first win (I think) was Bradford City 4-1 in 1997/98
  • Options
    Kenilworth Road - Luton
  • Options
    Yes, forgot how bad our record used to be there, including the 1.7 thrashing, seen a few 0.3 and 0.2 up there before we turned it around in the mid 90`s and got a couple of wins. Sheff Utd and Stoke were another 2 where we never used to get anything except the odd draw.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

Yep went to the 4-1 and 5-1 games

• Options
    Never seen us win at Molineux, Boundary Park, Goodison Park or Anfield. Have seen us win at 56 others though including seven wins at Swindon!! Managed to break a Bramall Lane hoo-doo the day Andy Hunt got a couple and we won 2-1.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

The other was the fa cup game we lost 1-0 and then beat them in league game couple of weeks later, at the time was most gutted i had been watching Charlton.

• Options
    The soddin' Den.
  • Options
    The first seven games I went to, whether home or away, we lost. That was in 1960.
    Went only once to bogies Kenilworth Road, Bramall Lane and Molineux.... all wins.
  • Options
    Vicarage Road for me .
  • Options
    Technically Old Trafford 1 point from 24 BUT saying that you are expected to get beat there though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

E-cafc said:

The other was the fa cup game we lost 1-0 and then beat them in league game couple of weeks later, at the time was most gutted i had been watching Charlton.

Bloody hell i was at those games as well....I'm not going to Bolton on Saturday...can't quite figure out why though....oh yeah :(
  • Options
    Luton in the 80's, always lost 3-0.
  • Options

Kenilworth Road - Luton

Absolutely this, remember almost freezing there as well, when the floodlights failed at a game late in December...would have been around 82-84.
  • Options
    Swindon - three defeats, including a 5-0 defeat and the play off game. The 5-0 defeat was in the days of Match of the Day being (I think) just one game. About twice a season, they showed a Division 2 game and I just got home in time to see it all over again.
  • Options
    Made alist up about this subject last year for me its
    Liverpool one draw out of six visits.
    Arsenal one draw out of five visits.
    As for QPR TOOK ME FOUR GAMES UNTIL FIRST DEFEAT
  • Options
    Apart from the 4-0 win in 2003 and the 3-2 win in January 2000 and the odd draw, Molinuex has been dodgy for us.