Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average attendances 2013/14

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20137,00.html

Was slightly surprised that we are currently 9th in the division. Yes, these things can be skewed by football for a fiver promotions and freebees, but I suspect most other clubs do the same thing as us.

Amusingly (and we need to clutch at straws at the moment) out lowest attendance of the season (Doncaster) is actually higher than Millwall's highest of the season (QPR)!

Comments

• Options
    There was prolly only 8k at that Donny game but officially a lot morr
  • Options
    I note they've stopped announcing the attendance or displaying it on the big screen at matches in recent weeks, presumably because of the increasing disparity between the announced and the actual gate.
  • Options
    The Spanners haven't have their cup final at home this season, it will be the only time they will sell out.
  • Options

I presume all other clubs have a similar policy of counting ticket sales rather than actual bums on seats?
  • Options

I presume all other clubs have a similar policy of counting ticket sales rather than actual bums on seats?
    don't think Leicester do , they had 8k for m'boro in a snow affected fixture last year
  • Options

....... and with luck three from the bottom five in that list will get relegated at the end of the season .....
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I note they've stopped announcing the attendance or displaying it on the big screen at matches in recent weeks, presumably because of the increased hilarity that ensues in the crowd once announced ;-)

• Options

don't think Leicester do , they had 8k for m'boro in a snow affected fixture last year
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

According to this article, what we do is common practice.
    When United played Cluj in the Champions League in December, having qualified for the knockout stages, the crowd was announced as 71,521. In fact, the police say it was 46,894.

The disparity is because United, in common with other clubs, release the number of people who bought tickets, whether or not they attend. The police keep their own record of actual match-goers for safety purposes and have released the data to the Redsaway fans' website under the Freedom of Information Act.

The figures show the high number of supporters who will buy tickets for matches without going.
  • Options

It's tickets distributed, not ticket sales. So if they want to impress some potential new investors, they could invite them along to the Leeds game, for example, where we're likely to get a respectable crowd, say 15k - all they have to do is give out a couple of thousand free tickets to local schools and they've manufactured a 17k - 18k crowd and can point out to the investors that we're one of the best supported clubs in the division.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Two reasons our gates will more distorted than most: 1) more comps issued and 2) higher number of non-attending STs, I think because season tickets are better value relative to match tickets than elsewhere.

Cup gates, on the other hand, will be quite accurate, because the club has to pay to issue comps above an agreed figure. Hence it controls them tightly.

Obviously Man United do things differently, as will some other Prem clubs, presumably because they include cup tickets in season tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showing up our away support more than anything else.
  • Options

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20137,00.html

Was slightly surprised that we are currently 9th in the division. Yes, these things can be skewed by football for a fiver promotions and freebees, but I suspect most other clubs do the same thing as us.

Amusingly (and we need to clutch at straws at the moment) out lowest attendance of the season (Doncaster) is actually higher than Millwall's highest of the season (QPR)!

Big jump in gates needed to mix it with the top seven - need 20,000 average...
    Why are we mixing it with the bottom five clubs AND losing money?

• Options
    could it be most of our fans are young and only pay the cheep price to get in compared to the scum down the road who's fan base is mostly adult and don't have that many young fans.
  • Options
    also have you seen how much smallwall and palarse(last year)pay to see there teams play,its more than we pay at the Valley,perhaps its them who have got there sums right
  • Options

Two reasons our gates will more distorted than most: 1) more comps issued and 2) higher number of non-attending STs, I think because season tickets are better value relative to match tickets than elsewhere.

Cup gates, on the other hand, will be quite accurate, because the club has to pay to issue comps above an agreed figure. Hence it controls them tightly.

Obviously Man United do things differently, as will some other Prem clubs, presumably because they include cup tickets in season tickets.

(2) I can believe that is the case, though if we sold 25000 season tickets and nobody turned up, then that's it's still perfectly legit to claim the 25k attendance, as we can't sell the tickets twice!

(1) I imagine that other clubs also issue sizeable numbers of comps for less attractive league games
  • Options
    doronron said:

could it be most of our fans are young and only pay the cheep price to get in compared to the scum down the road who's fan base is mostly adult and don't have that many young fans.

What stats is this based on? £23 for a kids season ticket at Millwall, I'd like to think that's had an impact.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    How much time do you spend on here SLL ? More or less than 2 hours per day ?