Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day workers?

Comments

• Options
    I'm working nights Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
  • Options

cfgs said:

On call throughout the Christmas period, got the 29th off though.

Must be bloody awful that, not knowing if you have to go in or not.
    That is for my parttime job, working for KFRS.
  • Options
    Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve ?

• Options
    Got asked to work Christmas Day 11am-11pm for treble pay and. £600 bonus but turned it down
  • Options

cafckev said:

I was lucky to get leave on both Xmas day and Boxing day, but the triple time call was far too strong, so I am now working Boxing day night shift for triple pay plus annual leave payment. I am also working New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Fire brigade? That sounds like strike money....
    No, Ambulance. And i have just found out its double time (and i have never worked a strike either on the Railway or Ambulance)

• Options

Not kent fire brigade! They are offering 5x hourly rate plus a bonus

Well I am not doing it.

• Options
    Where I work 2 people have to be in on all bank holidays including Christmas Day. Its an unlucky dip what bank holidays you get and you don't get anything for it except for a day off during the week.

I was down to work Boxing day this year but swapped it for somebody who desperately needed a Sunday off that he didn't realise he was down to work.
  • Options
    Thinking of everyone working today.
  • Options
    What do you do Cray ?
  • Options
    Only one call out today, after I had stuffed my face. Needed a boat to do any real good and so we got sent back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What do you do Cray ?

Top secret. However I can answer in a private message as long as it's written in belguin ;)

• Options
    Bump...

Anyone working it this year?
  • Options
    Yes and Boxing day.
  • Options
    Not this year.
    But it is one of the requirements of the new job so will be in years to come if I'm still there.
    It was one of the only things that put me off of taking the job if I'm honest but everything else far outweighs my last job so I'll have to swallow it.
  • Options
    Oh yes, 12-2.30 pm Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Yep, I'll be spending Christmas day surrounded by murderers, terrorists, rapists and general ne'erdowells. Peace and goodwill to all men indeed.
  • Options

Yep, I'll be spending Christmas day surrounded by murderers, terrorists, rapists and general ne'erdowells. Peace and goodwill to all men indeed.

Belmarsh? Have you worked every year?
  • Options

Yep, I'll be spending Christmas day surrounded by murderers, terrorists, rapists and general ne'erdowells.

Fa la la la la, la la la la....

Do you celebrate early/late on a day off instead?

• Options

Not Belmarsh but a Cat A prison up north. Tend to work one on, one off. This year I'll be having my Xmas celebrations on Boxing Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not Belmarsh but a Cat A prison up north. Tend to work one on, one off. This year I'll be having my Xmas celebrations on Boxing Day.
    Are your initials DW?
  • Options

DA9 said:

Are your initials DW?
    No, AUN.
    Thanks D :-)
  • Options
    @DA9 - no mate, they're not.
  • Options
    Working xmas eve,xmas day,boxing night and 27th night then new years day... Happy Easter!
  • Options

@DA9 - no mate, they're not.

No worry, Knew a PO at Wandsworth who was Charlton
  • Options
    AUN, what's the situation for vegetarian prisoners?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

@seth plum - the vegetarians are adequately catered for although it's not the best quality. At evening meal there tends to be two choices but only one for vegans. If you declare yourself vegan you're supplied with soy milk but the vegan cheese that the prison service supplies is feckin' horrid. You can always buy stuff from the canteen to supplement your diet but vegetarian specific food ie Quorn sausages for example are pretty much non-existent on the list.

As for Christmas day it's pretty much two choices but if you don't like nut roast you're pretty much had it. But people shouldn't fall for the tabloid stories of quality food for prisoners during the festive period. Yes it's edible but it's all mass produced fare that just reaches the standard nutritional value.
  • Options

seth plum said:

@seth plum - the vegetarians are adequately catered for although it's not the best quality. At evening meal there tends to be two choices but only one for vegans. If you declare yourself vegan you're supplied with soy milk but the vegan cheese that the prison service supplies is feckin' horrid. You can always buy stuff from the canteen to supplement your diet but vegetarian specific food ie Quorn sausages for example are pretty much non-existent on the list.

As for Christmas day it's pretty much two choices but if you don't like nut roast you're pretty much had it. But people shouldn't fall for the tabloid stories of quality food for prisoners during the festive period. Yes it's edible but it's all mass produced fare that just reaches the standard nutritional value.
    Diddums. Prisoners should be fed on purely vegan food (except vegans, whose vegan food will be seared in bacon grease just before service). Guarantee no one will want to go back into the clink after that. Bonus points if they get the Valley catering team to double as the prison caterers.