Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Budgeting

edited December 2013 in Not Sports Related
Good, bad or terrible at it ?

Payday tomorrow, and after getting chips for £1.50 I've ended the month with a grand total of plus 0.19p

How's that for budget management !

Comments

• Terrible. Being a gambler as well really doesn't help either
  • I Think i'm pretty good at budget management.

You have ended up 0.19p in credit which is good.

Hope the chips went down well?
  • 19p! At the current rates of interest and inflation the only way to get full value for your money is to spend the lot boss, so you should have asked for some crackling and a pickled onion and done the lot :0)
  • I have been lucky enough to never have to do it until 13 months ago when household income dropped by 35% just as essentials went up and household numbers went up 50% (we had a baby!).

I find it very difficult but every time my boy smiles and giggles, (which fortunately for me is most of the time) I don't care!
  • RedChaser said:

19p! At the current rates of interest and inflation the only way to get full value for your money is to spend the lot boss, so you should have asked for some crackling and a pickled onion and done the lot :0)

I was actually.gutted I didn't have a penny more to buy a sauce I don't really want just to end 0.00p !

• RedChaser said:

19p! At the current rates of interest and inflation the only way to get full value for your money is to spend the lot boss, so you should have asked for some crackling and a pickled onion and done the lot :0)

I was actually.gutted I didn't have a penny more to buy a sauce I don't really want just to end 0.00p !

What? You have to pay for sauce these days .........robbing b*stardos.
  • So you're saying that your sister is decent looking and has 'superb norks'?!

snigger
  • Good, bad or terrible at it ?

Payday tomorrow, and after getting chips for £1.50 I've ended the month with a grand total of plus 0.19p

Shop around, you should be paying no more than £1.49 for chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• he paid £1.49 because he's a greedy bastard and had the large portion ;-)
  • Good, bad or terrible at it ?

Terrible budgeting. Only one saveloy away from being in the red.
  • I'm clueless,no money management skills whatsoever
  • So you're saying that your sister is decent looking and has 'superb norks'?!

Its my wife's brother's wife!

Not even I am pervy enough to fancy my own sister, I don't even have one!
  • I've never made it to the next payday with funds left. Woeful
  • Payday is tomorrow but its a week early because of Christmas. Still have enough in the bank for the weeks food shopping though :-)

Considering what I do for a living, I should be good at budgeting and managing money!
  • come to Grimsby mate .. a big bag of chips is 90p up 'ere
  • I have to say I'm good. I'm an accountant FFS lol.

Have been overdrawn once in about eight years. And thats how its going to stay.

I've had to run a tight ship since getting my own place 3.5 years ago on a sole income but since remortgaging from an interest rate of 6.99% down to 4.something%, I've got much more breathing space now :)
  • BDL said:

Payday is tomorrow but its a week early because of Christmas. Still have enough in the bank for the weeks food shopping though :-)

Considering what I do for a living, I should be good at budgeting and managing money!

One of life's idiosyncrasies BDL, how many builders do you know whose property is in need of attention, plumbers who have a dripping tap and bankers who never have any cash on them :0)
  • ^^ and the shoemakers' wife who always goes unshod
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely awful at it.

Payday for me isn't until the 27th so I'm screwed
  • Satwest has come in handy this month. I.e if you get paid Monday, it goes in on Saturday
  • I'm really bad at it to be honest, so internet banking is a lifesaver, as I can transfer money from savings to current account or vice versa depending on how flush I am
  • Got a blinding Excel spreadsheet that I keep up to date and shows me how skint I am at any one time from now till about 2016. Ffs
  • BIG_ROB said:

Got a blinding Excel spreadsheet that I keep up to date and shows me how skint I am at any one time from now till about 2016. Ffs

Does that have a built in contingency for currency fluctuations? Only I thought you may have mentioned once or twice that you live in France :0)
  • BIG_ROB said:

Got a blinding Excel spreadsheet that I keep up to date and shows me how skint I am at any one time from now till about 2016. Ffs

Rob, have you thought about selling something?
    I' ve heard you can get a petty euro for a kidney or the like.
  • A petty euro?? You voting Farage these days Guinness??