Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I should hope so too .. if he'da said we go to Bolton to lay down and die, I would be very disappointed to say the least
  • Come on powelly, sort em out!!
  • Miss read that, thought it said "We are ready to BOTTLE"
  • Listening to the interview it sounds to me that a couple of players will be leaving as that is the only way we will be able to bring anyone in - and CP admits we need some new faces.

Also CP sounds very down - not his usual upbeat self.

All in all not a very good press conference
  • At least CP gets paid to watch us play.
  • Listening to the interview it sounds to me that a couple of players will be leaving as that is the only way we will be able to bring anyone in - and CP admits we need some new faces.

Also CP sounds very down - not his usual upbeat self.

All in all not a very good press conference

Didn't look to happy in that picture at Punch and Judys....that said it ain't much good in there so you can't blame him for that.
  • If it can be done he will do it.
  • There is not enough quality in the side at present and we are easy points for any team that has done there homework on us.
  • His words bely the look on his face. He is in serious need of an old head to guide him. Watching the team/squad last time I was convinced that we are strong enough to survive, but only if Chris learns more about team selection , tactics, and using subs. He makes no mention of any personal liability that he should shoulder, that worries me.
  • Sponsored links:

• you beat me to that one henry.
  • Trouble is its got to be what Powell wants as he's the Manager - Some experienced head cant be thrust upon him when he may not want someone like that watching over his shoulder.

He's also a very respected man in the Footballing world (what with being PFA Chairman etc...) and am sure if he's stuck for ideas then like any other manager he'll be picking up the phone to other managers who he's worked with at previous clubs or ones he's been on courses with.

i.e. to name a few... Alan Curbishley / Sven-Goran Eriksson / Malky Mackay / Jim Smith / Nigel Pearson
  • Defensively, yes, but playing Pritchard up front and Stewart on the left seems questionable tactically.
  • His selection and tactics are questionable at times bit he hasn't given up on these group of players and neither should we.

Last season was an over-achievement but this season is an under achievement as i think the squad is better than its position. We aren't playing badly and i still think this team can turn it around and get out of it.

I hope they back up the article with actions tommorrow and get something as we need a result from somewhere.
  • Trouble is its got to be what Powell wants as he's the Manager - Some experienced head cant be thrust upon him when he may not want someone like that watching over his shoulder.

He's also a very respected man in the Footballing world (what with being PFA Chairman etc...) and am sure if he's stuck for ideas then like any other manager he'll be picking up the phone to other managers who he's worked with at previous clubs or ones he's been on courses with.

i.e. to name a few... Alan Curbishley / Sven-Goran Eriksson / Malky Mackay / Jim Smith / Nigel Pearson

I think there is a big difference between picking up the phone and having someone working alongside him and seeing how the players are working together in training.

That said, the real issue still the quality and depth of squad, whether he is accompanied by an older, younger or even horses head.
  • We all have an idea of tactics etc, but for me it's:

Solly/Wiggins/
    Morrison / Wood
    Wilson/Stewart/Jackson/Pritchard
    Kermo/Sordell

Impact Subs;
    Green/Harriot

Midfield Shake-up (to change the supply lines)
    Cousins/Stephens

If we get in front and want to hold on for the points:
    Hughes / Dervite

Only if desperate:
    Evina/Gower/Church/Pigott

Maybe worth a try at some point:
    Cook/Smith

I'm told, Rocket Science isn't actually a "science", but a "technology" - but you get my drift.
  • edited December 2013

We all have an idea of tactics etc, but for me it's:

Solly/Wiggins/
    Morrison / Wood
    Wilson/Stewart/Jackson/Pritchard
    Kermo/Sordell

Impact Subs;
    Green/Harriot

Midfield Shake-up (to change the supply lines)
    Cousins/Stephens

If we get in front and want to hold on for the points:
    Hughes / Dervite

Only if desperate:
    Evina/Gower/Church/Pigott

Maybe worth a try at some point:
    Cook/Smith

I'm told, Rocket Science isn't actually a "science", but a "technology" - but you get my drift.

As the Prussian general Moltke said

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength" (or in football terms "no plan survives contact with the other team")

and "Strategy is a system of expedients." (or "you have to do what you can to do at that time and with the resources you have available to you")
  • and Lance-Corporal Jack Jones: "They don't like it up 'em!"
  • Good - everything about the team's body language and demeanour tells me that they are cut from a different cloth than the last two relegation teams. I am sure we will be ok.
  • its far to late to bring a older head in to help Chris,he has been here to long for that.Dont think he would think very much of that.They have to give him his cards or stick with him,its as easy as that
  • Sponsored links:

• Based on the games I have seen, Stewart is better on the left than the right, and on better form than Harriott.
  • I always thought it was going to difficult to emulate last years 9th place finish given our current squad but I thought we could at least finish just below half way and if we can get a few things sorted out particularly our home form i still think we can. Still 100% behind CP and sure he can keep us up. Interesting that Ipswich have just picked up like Sylvan Ebanks-Blake until the end of the season. Don't know if we were interested in him but I would have thought he would have been a good acquisition given our current goalscoring problems.
  • Can I say that the physical presence of people like Keith Peacock does not confirm that the correct support and guidance is being given. Also, if just playing 750 games made a man a great manager, there would not be room for them all. Some people don't look for advice or welcome it, even resist it, so don't make assumptions.
  • Granpa said:

Can I say that the physical presence of people like Keith Peacock does not confirm that the correct support and guidance is being given. Also, if just playing 750 games made a man a great manager, there would not be room for them all. Some people don't look for advice or welcome it, even resist it, so don't make assumptions.

It is you Granpa, who is making the assumption CP has no older head guiding him, that KP isn't offering the "correct" support and that Powell won't listen to or welcome advice from KP or others.

Have a happy Christmas

• Wouldn't the World be a boring place if everybody thought alike. Best wishes for a great Xmas.
  • Defensively, yes, but playing Pritchard up front and Stewart on the left seems questionable tactically.

If he'd ever played Pritchard up front it would be questionable, yes.
  • Am i the only person who when reading this title thinks of SCP in 300 style clothing ready to shout "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA" at any given moment?
  • Saulc23 said:

Am i the only person who when reading this title thinks of SCP in 300 style clothing ready to shout "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA" at any given moment?

Yes, but hey I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking must be good stuff :-)