Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewart Downing....

How the hell does this bloke get picked time after time.

For a winger, he does a bloody good job of not having any pace, crossing ability or an eye for goal.

Rooney and Johnson will get stick for not getting goals but the number of times Downing was in a good position only to mishit the cross....

Joe Cole better be fit for the crunch games.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree. Waste of space. Even from dead ball situations he couldn't hack it. As you say, the front two will get all the stick, but the service up to them was dire.

Also, I thought Ashley Cole had a 'mare (he didn't look fit - maybe just not committed enough), so the whole of the left side was effectively shut down.
  • Options
    Ashley Cole hasn't looked right to me for a good few months. Still not sure he has properly settled in at Chelsea.

As for Downing, we really are stuck for choice, which makes it even more strange to me that Barry hasn't been given a go there.
  • Options
    I thought the worst performance of all last night was by the England fans. What is the point of going all that way to start booing after 20 minutes? Nothing like getting behind the team and giving them some support chaps, eh?
  • Options
    it amaziing.

he has no pace , crossing abiltiy of me, and has not skill to go past a pub team full back. Can you imagine him against an Italian it would be embarrassing.

a good PL no one can doubt that.

Barry must be sitting there thinking what have i got to do.
  • Options
    I watched the Scotland Italy match on BBC2 and was exceptionally impressed with the movement and runs made by the whole of the Italian team.

Everyone from Buffon forward looked comfortable on the ball and able to pass and move...........Then I watched the England highlights........ What a difference!

Yes its difficult to break down 11 men who are compressed between half way a their own D, but come on. This is Andorra FFS!!! Why were both Gerrard and Hargreaves something short (something picked up on by Hansen)?
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Downing clearly isnt no1 choice for me in that position, Joe Cole being streets ahead. Obviously one would prefer a left footer, but this fella just isn't world class.

Is it just me or does Lennon run like a girl?

Not sure AJ is the business either, a lot of his goals came from pens when he had that good year, so unlike Bent he isnt a finisher from open play, hate to say it but Defoe should have started in the absence of Owen or Bent.
  • Options
    Spot on razil. In his good season Johnson scored 18, 9 from the spot. So that's 9 from open play, or to put it another way, only 1 more than Bartlett scored that season and Bartlett missed a month or more through injury whilst Johnson played every game.

He is a poor player and his inability to score past the combined might of Isreal and Andorra proves it beyond a doubt. Nugent and Defoe would be a more dangerous pairing than Rooney and Johnson, and personally I think Bent is better than Nugent or Defoe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I thought the worst performance of all last night was by the England fans. What is the point of going all that way to start booing after 20 minutes? Nothing like getting behind the team and giving them some support chaps, eh?

The support last night was terrible. But i guess that's lower league fans for you. Morons from Burnley and Preston who are like sheep and just boo because the next man is booing or because the Sun says so