Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youngsters set to get involved?

A couple of days ago, Andy Hughes tweeted Joe Gomez and Tariq Dennis-Holmes saying how they 'looked sharp in training.' Wasn't going to make anything of it till I saw Diego Poyet just tweet

'Football Manager 14 is the best for long coach journeys'

Know it's probably unlikely, but they could be involved?

Comments

• We don't want Gomez to play yet - he'll get poached by a Prem club!
  • Matchday squad of 18 players, selected from probably 20-22 who travel to each away game. With our paper thin squad I would imagine that most of the above have already travelled with the first team a few times, even if they didn't make the 18.

Either that or Diego's on the Megabus to Sunderland to see his dad.
  • MrLargo said:

Matchday squad of 18 players, selected from probably 20-22 who travel to each away game. With our paper thin squad I would imagine that most of the above have already travelled with the first team a few times, even if they didn't make the 18.

Was just about to say the first bit myself... Sunderland are at home this Weekend as well so could be on a National Express coach to visit his Dad (He tweeted from the Sunderland end when they went to Aston Villa)
  • MrLargo said:

Matchday squad of 18 players, selected from probably 20-22 who travel to each away game. With our paper thin squad I would imagine that most of the above have already travelled with the first team a few times, even if they didn't make the 18.

Was just about to say the first bit myself... Sunderland are at home this Weekend as well so could be on a National Express coach to visit his Dad (He tweeted from the Sunderland end when they went to Aston Villa)
    I'm sure he can afford a train ticket.
  • we often take a couple of the youngsters along to give them the experience of matchdays so I imagine they are a part of that - although what experiences they are going to pick up frightens me !!
  • Powell said in his interview about maybe bringing in some people who haven't been affected by what's gone before so I wouldn't be too surprised to see some new faces
  • Dom Dywer saying on twitter he's made the trip to watch.