Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice needed please - Valley Express from Crawley

Hi folks, looking for some advice. Heading down via Gatwick for game on Boxing Day and heading home after game on 29th. Found out that no trains are running from Gatwick over holiday period (and none at all on Boxing Day). Best bet seems to be to try and get a seat on Valley Express via Crawley. Do the buses arrive early enough to let you get a ticket at the ground (I need to trade in my Yanntastic 4)?. Also, when does the bus leave after a 3pm kick-off and how long will it take to get to Crawley?

Comments

• Options
    You might be able to secure a lift off of some Crawley based Charlton fans ........................... @creepyaddick
  • Options
    Not sure on the coaches, but Boxing Day is a 12.30 kick-off, not 3pm
  • Options
    Trains are running from East Grinstead if you can get there
  • Options
    thanks for the replies, folks. Dansk, if on schedule I can make East Grinstead work on the way down (thanks TelMc32 I'm getting an early flight for the early kick-off), but will be tight for time on the way back and that's why I'm keen to find out how long the Valley Express takes when leaving home games
  • Options
    How long is a piece of string? Valley Express leaves quite promptly after the game. We are all back on the coach and away by about 5.10pm on a normal 3pm kick off day. After that then you are at the mercy of the traffic.
  • Options

You might be able to secure a lift off of some Crawley based Charlton fans ........................... @creepyaddick

Dan, as you well know, I'm not allowed out to play on boxing day!

Think Steve & the boys might be going though, are you going?
  • Options
    No, Steve is having my ticket for the game
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    West Sussex Valley express picks up at Pease Pottage services (Don't park there though as 2 hour limit parking ok over the bridge I believe is ok) for crawley or alternately Godstone Fire station if that helps. Can let you know time if interested.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies, folks - I really appreciate it. Looking forward to a cheeky wee six points at home when I get down on my flying pig!