Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins - Article on BBC Website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25042410

If Jonjo's article gets it's own thread, so should our new wunderkind. Nothing very shocking or surprising really, but it's good to see a phenomenally talented youngster getting recognition. If Shelvey and Jenkinson made it to the Premier League, Cousins surely can.

Comments

• Options
    Already a thread on this no ?
  • Options
    imo the biggest prospect we have had in midfield, taking nothing away from any of the others but I like players in the cousins mould
  • Options

imo the biggest prospect we have had in midfield, taking nothing away from any of the others but I like players in the cousins mould

Well, I'm not sure he will ever be as good as Scott Parker could have been, but he could become better than Parker is, if that makes any sense. The little interlude at Chelsea gave Parker a whole lot of money but was the difference between being an excellent player and merely a good one. He could have been a first choice England starter, now he will never be more than a squad member at best.

Cousins probably won't finish his career at Charlton, whatever the next season or two brings, but he would be much better served following the Shelvey mould than the Parker career plan. Those are two big talents to follow, but he's got it in him to reach those heights I think.
  • Options
    Cousins is our best youngster since Bowyer or Lee imo
  • Options
    Think he should go Arsenal if given the chance in a couple of years.

They nurture young players and he could seriously become a top top player if he spends a season out on loan at a team like Swansea who pass the ball about.

He's got technique, athleticism and a good attitude.
  • Options
    Such a composed and intelligent player who has lifted the team and the game of those around him, I.e. Stephens.

Cousins is well on course for POTY for me and I hope we have him for another couple of seasons at least.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You'd have thought he'd of taken his bra off for the photoshoot though