Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishley appointed as "technical director" at Fulham

Comments

• Options

Dave2l said:

Imagine the Parker Chelsea transfer still haunts curbs to this day and he forces a loan move for him back to the valley. Well done curbs good to see ya back.

He signed him for West Ham so probably not. Its weird that Fulham of all teams have arguably our greatest manager, midfielder and striker in recent memory.
    Furthermore, I just remembered Les Reed went to Fulham after Charlton as first team coach. I didn't think 'doing a Charlton' was still a thing but clearly Fulham are desperate to be us.

On a sidenote I just went on Les's Wikipedia. Apparently he was "instrumental in recommending winger Danny Green to John Still, manager of Dagenham and Redbridge F.C" whilst at Bishops Stortford. He's also doing well for himself at Southampton.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity,I found a Fulham forum and read some of their thoughts on the appointment. (Perhaps I shouldn't have.Too much time on my hands....) Have to admit I was a bit shocked.
    friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=lq074u2ilt7cdmregnd7aac054&topic=34929.0
  • Options

Delighted for him. Good luck.
    I wasn't just puzzled that he was out so long, it gave me a very uneasy feeling, that there was something we didn't know about, which would explain it. Anyway he's back, in the FAPL, and a good route back into full management in time.

Yes, I can see him taking over if/when they sack the current coach just in time for him to work wonders and keep them up!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Good luck Curbs. Has Messiah status in my eyes, Fulham are pissing me off though - Parker, Bent and now Curbs. Oh what could have been.

They'll be after Solly and Yann next.
  • Options
    and shelvey
  • Options
    On another thread, the Fulham fans have done a google map showing where they all live. That's quite cool.
  • Options
    As Harry Hill would say " Good Luck With That " ! Yes, was one of our greatest Managers ! But, when he went, it was the right time to go. As been said before our biggest mistake was in appointing Dowie, not letting Curbs go.
  • Options
    There's no way with TV money going through the roof that Curbs should have been let go , he was willing to see out his contract for that season , he was also willing to help find his successor but Murray had other views not least forcing Dowie to have his own choice of coaching staff
    Complete balls up
  • Options

As Harry Hill would say " Good Luck With That " ! Yes, was one of our greatest Managers ! But, when he went, it was the right time to go. As been said before our biggest mistake was in appointing Dowie, not letting Curbs go.

Rubbish.
  • Options

Rubbish.
    Not really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spot on.

• Options
    Should have let Curbs do one more season considering how important it was to stay up that season.
  • Options

Should have let Curbs do one more season considering how important it was to stay up that season.

Should have had a decent succession plan.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Kap10 said:

Rubbish.
    Not really
    He had another year left in him and needed to be promised at least some of the money that Dowie subsequently squandered. If that had happened, we might have been able to build upon what we had already achieved. At that time I don't exactly remember a plethora of reasonable and realistic improvements on Curbs. In fact, I'd say there weren't any. Thus, the mistake was letting him go as no replacement we were likely to get could have been good enough - his successors cases in point. The guy was a miracle worker.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Spot on.

I agree but Curbs was never staying, so it's irrelevant.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Rubbish.
    Not really
    He had another year left in him and needed to be promised at least some of the money that Dowie subsequently squandered. If that had happened, we might have been able to build upon what we had already achieved. At that time I don't exactly remember a plethora of reasonable and realistic improvements on Curbs. In fact, I'd say there weren't any. Thus, the mistake was letting him go as no replacement we were likely to get could have been good enough - his successors cases in point. The guy was a miracle worker.
    What precipitated Curbs departure was an unwillingness to extend his contact. As Strachan showed once you are in your last year of your contract there is a high chance that you become a lame duck.

There was a major rebuilding job to do and a one year manager would not have been the man to do it.

The real error was not having a succession olsn in place and for once RM allowing his ego to make decisions.
  • Options
    great start for Lord L .. as Parker scores the winner
  • Options
    Curbs out ; )
  • Options

Curbs out ; )

Could be getting a manager's job soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won on Boxing Day and they made 6 changes today...wtf is that all about?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Fulham is another club's that's lost it's soul in the last few years. Has there been a Fulham youth player to make a serious impact in the 1st XI in recent years? (I can think of Liam Rosenior being a regular for a while but I'm struggling for another name).
  • Options

Boom that's them safe....
    Have that palace

Tee hee :-)
  • Options
    curbs will be mgr there by feb
  • Options
    6-0 at Hull, ouch. Would be great to see Fulham, West Ham and Palace all relegated.
  • Options

6-0 at Hull, ouch. Would be great to see Fulham, West Ham and Palace all relegated.

And Brentford and Orient promoted. Half the season would be London derbies!
  • Options
    That would boost our away support average
  • Options
    Yeah looks like the managerial change worked a treat. Really do hope they go down.
  • Options
    I heard he was in charge of technically picking the ball out of the back of the net this week. Job done.
  • Options
    Yep, this will be Curbs job before too long.