Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best and Worst Xmas presents 2013

Comments

• Options

Worst: Condoms.

Nan's eh, what are they like :-)

• Options
    Best - leffe ruby import from wife.

Worst - some pants like the ones i used to buy my dad, im getting old!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options

Haven't heard of that make.
  • Options

Haven't heard of that make.

Chinese remoulds!

• Options
    My youngest got a talking 'minion Dave' from despicable me. Fella's hilarious !
  • Options

My youngest got a talking 'minion Dave' from despicable me. Fella's hilarious !

Your despicable? I knew it.

• Options

Hahaha! It was actually my step-dad which he also classed as a 'uni gift'. Makes the pair of pink socks I got him one year seem reasonable.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

I have a lemur experience, basically where in a zoo I'll be sent into the enclosure with food and they jump all over me. That will be bloody brilliant.

I've done that. Paradise wildlife park, near Broxbourne? This is by far the best Christmas present you will ever receive. I had an incredible time.
    Nice! It's at Shepreth Park near Cambridge but I know Paradise well. I do love lemurs and I'll be doing it with my girlfriend which will make it even more special. It will definitely be putting my 'Real Men Love Lemur' t-shirt to the best possible use.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I have a lemur experience, basically where in a zoo I'll be sent into the enclosure with food and they jump all over me. That will be bloody brilliant.

Won't the Red Panda's get jealous ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

I've done that. Paradise wildlife park, near Broxbourne? This is by far the best Christmas present you will ever receive. I had an incredible time.
    Nice! It's at Shepreth Park near Cambridge but I know Paradise well. I do love lemurs and I'll be doing it with my girlfriend which will make it even more special. It will definitely be putting my 'Real Men Love Lemur' t-shirt to the best possible use.
    Whatever floats your boat. Bear in mind, lemurs are matriarchal - they might not appreciate it

:)

• Options
    Stone said:

Right, beat this.

My old Mum, 83 years old, got me (obviously from a charity shop) a FLOPPY DISK with some Phil Collins tracks on it and a book with the music and words.
    WTF, just don't bother!

Plus side, it made the book '80 recipes for your bread maker' seem quite good! (and I haven't even got a fecking bread maker!)

Post of the day. Well done.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Right, beat this.

My old Mum, 83 years old, got me (obviously from a charity shop) a FLOPPY DISK with some Phil Collins tracks on it and a book with the music and words.
    WTF, just don't bother!

Plus side, it made the book '80 recipes for your bread maker' seem quite good! (and I haven't even got a fecking bread maker!)

Genuine lol at that Stone. Absolutely brilliant
  • Options
    Got one of those mini remote control helicopters this year and am still playing with it now....it's fooking brilliant
  • Options

Got one of those mini remote control helicopters this year and am still playing with it now....it's fooking brilliant

Wanna swap?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Stone said:

Stone said:

Right, beat this.

WTF, just don't bother!

Post of the day. Well done.
    It gets worse. My sister has just told me that she bought my Mum a bread maker last year. Yes, you've guessed it, it had a free recipe book with it.........
    Ha, ha. Your old mum sounds just like my nan used to be like back in the 70's.

It wasn't Christmas in our house without a good old laugh at Nan's latest money saving present. She virtually invented regifting and often used to give last years present back to mum and dad because she'd forgotten who gave it to her in the first place.

As kids it was a race to finish the church jumble jigsaw first to find out how many pieces were missing this year!

I'll tell you what though, we got and still get more enjoyment out of Nan's crappy old, broken, second hand presents than we would ever have got out of a shiny new one and we treasure the memories.
  • Options
    I almost pissed myself at the phil Collins one.

Just tucking into my Caol Ila now... Presents are better when you choose them yourself!
  • Options
    Quality, @stone..cheers for a dump & chuckle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gloves and a balaclava off my 87 yr old nan, I said to her there lovely what time does the bank open on friday
  • Options
    Best: Dress, old fashioned coffee maker thing, posh tea and jungle book DVD
    Worst: sew a dog kit. But will do it

Had a lovely day with family.
  • Options
    Just sitting in the car waiting to go to the match and wetting myself @stones LOVL Christmas presents....
  • Options
    I remember taking an unwanted M&S pressie back when they did that scheme.The woman behind the jump looked puzzled and asked for help.Eventually a third person was called and she reckoned they stopped selling the gift at least 8 years previously!!!
    I got a mini helicopter as well this year absolute dogs! With enough ale to float a Battleship.Perfect!
  • Options
    Best: 3 pts from Charlton
  • Options
    shine166 said:

This with baubles on

• Options
    cfgs said:

shine166 said:

This with baubles on

And bows....
  • Options
    Best - Charlton winning
    Worst - Quite happy with all my others pressies :)
  • Options
    shine166 said:

yep, this......