Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Player Marks

Comments

• Options
    Alnwick 7
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 8.5
    Wilson 8.5
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 9

Evina - good little cameo
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Solly 7
    Morrison 8
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7.5
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 6
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8.5 MOM

• Options
    Alnwick 7 couldn't see their 2nd, not sure he could do much for 1st
    Solly 7 so pleased he's back
    Morrison 7 solid
    Wood 7 worked hard and was excellent in the air
    Wiggins 7.5 loads of good runs
    Wilson 7.5 right place right time. twice. top man.
    Stephens 7.5 did well, again.
    Cousins 7.5 doesn't get everything right but his passing made a big difference
    Stewart 6.5 not his best, improved in 2nd half
    Church 7 ran a lot, caused them problems
    Kermorgant 8 worked hard, fab free kick, attacked and defended well.
  • Options

Stewart put in the crosses that lead to the first two goals as well as some other crossed, worked well with wiggins going forward, covered him at the back and threw his body in to block a shot on the edge of the box. But apart from that what does he offer? : - )

Agreed, not at the races first half but involved in everything second half
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Alnwick - 7 - Not much he could have done for their Goal, was commanding when coming for any crosses thereafter though.

Solly - 7.5 - Bit rusty in the first half with a couple of passes but its bloody good to have him back... So calm in keeping the ball at the end.

Morrison - 8 - Solid at the back... I like his partnership with Richard Wood

Wood - 7.5 - Same as Morrison, his distribution wasnt as good as it can be though

Wiggins - 8 - Did a great run down the wing in the first half (Classic Wiggins) and kept Lopez quiet out on the wing.

Wilson - 9 - Two great finishes, has a great partnership with Solly, they really work well together.

Cousins - 8.5 - Every game I expect him to be given a rest but he's always there... Possible POTY, dead cert for Young Player of the Year!!

Stephens - 7.5 - As someone said, makes the hard things easy, makes the easy things hard... Did well at one point closing down the 'keeper yet when the ball went forward to their Midfielder (who started the build up to their goal) it went into the position Stephens should have been in.

Stewart - 6 - Not impressed today, he's had better days.

Church - 7 - As someone said... 10/10 for effort, 6/10 for being a Striker - Proper Charlton player

Kermorgant - 9 - Didnt lose a header, Mrs Yann is gonna kill him tonight when he takes those shorts home for her to wash... Fully deserved his goal, like Jackson he'll probably only ever miss out on POTY because of the Youngsters coming through

Yann Told him exactly that as well. He was fuming.
    You can't blame Stephens for the goal mate, he chased down a lost cause and church dropped back but lost the man
  • Options
    Alnwick -7 : didn't think he could do much about either goal. I am sure that the quality of his handling on crosses infuses confidence into the back four
    Solly - 8.5 : a rousing performance in terms of quality but also in terms of heart and morale (both on and off the pitch). Players who have been out for a while can sometimes find an enhanced physical level initially when they return but that was a stellar performance
    Morrison - 7 : sound
    Wood - 8 : first class defensive work. Very strong positionally, gets really tight on his man and is strong in the tackle and in the air (another contract to extend or renew if we ever come into any money)
    Wiggins - 8 : a weakish start to the game but after his extraordinary run from one end of the pitch to the other before half time, he gave Brighton a lot of trouble offensively
    Wilson - 8 : a good performance and lashed a couple into the onion bag. His partnership with Solly is good and he gives our midfield pace, energy, strength and balance
    Stephens - 7 : worked hard against a strong Brighton midfield and managed to turn the tide in the second half
    Cousins - 7.5: a level of performance we've come to expect from him. Some excellent interceptions and tackles to break up play and used the ball well
    Stewart - 6.5 : improved in the second half. He can certainly be frustrating but he also can ( and often does) hurt the opposition
    Church - 6.5 : good movement and one tremendous run and cross down the left. Against that, he was responsible for a couple of tame efforts and I never really felt that he was going to score. It's the hardest job on the pitch but it is his job
    Kermorgant - 9 : MOM - he completely bossed their big central defenders, won practically everything in the air and linked up play well. it was entirely fitting that his sublime free kick decided the game. Back to his best, so let's hope he stays fit
  • Options
    Alnwick 8 - Commanding in the box I thought.
    Solly 8.5 - Very impressive at the back and going forward. Maybe we forgot how good he was.
    Morrison 7 - Solid. Can't say I noticed him that much which must be a good thing.
    Wood 7.5 - Very tight on his man which gives them no room to play
    Wiggins 7.5 - Loved his long run up the left wing.
    Wilson 9 - Two great finishes and took the song in good humour (I think)
    Stephens 7 - Maybe gave the ball away a few times but otherwise played well
    Cousins 9 - What a player this guy is. You forget how young he is too. Pinged the ball round very well.
    Stewart 7.5 - Some good crosses into the box
    Church 6 - A bit ineffective for me today. No strength in the box although tbf did hold the ball up well in the latter stages of the 2nd half
    Kermorgant 9.5 - Beast. Incredible performance. I think everyone knew that free kick was going in before he hit it!
  • Options
    Alnwick 7 should've done better for their first. Sliced a couple of kicks but takes the ball well under pressure. Still prefer Hamer, just.
    Solly 8.5 too good for us unfortunately.
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 7.5
    Wilson 9 two brilliant goals. He genuinely just worked his socks off. Shows you what he can do on his day. As for the song, it's just banter.
    Stephens 7.5 too inconsistent with his play. Still a great player though.
    Cousins 9 worked his bollocks off. Switched the play, tackles hard and kept things ticking over.
    Stewart 7 this player is a very good pager. He spent most of the 1st half limping but put the crosses in for two goals! There's no attitude about this guy. People need to open there eyes and see what he offers (same goes for Church).
    Church 8 his off the ball work gets the opposition in to all sorts of bother. Constantly twisting and turning the defenders. Needs to work on his finishing though.
    Kermorgant 9 MOM the beast is back.

Evina deserves a mention too. Should've won us a penalty to secure the 3 points and was countering well in his brief cameo.

Referring was shocking.
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Wilson 9.5
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 7.5
    Stewart 6.5
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 9
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 8
    Wilson 9 MAN OF THE MATCH
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick - 7 - Thought he could have done better with their first goal, but it did go through someones legs. Great after that and good to see he comes from crosses rather than get rooted to his line, i.e. like Hamer.
    Solly - 8 - Boy have we missed him, runs up and down the line all day. How he manages to get the ball off the winger when he looks like the winger has past him is amazing, does this time after time.
    Morrison - 7 - Hard hearted display, good to see him give the ref a few ear bashings as he frustrated us all.
    Wood - 7 - Won a lot of balls in the air and his distribution is generally good. Much better than Dervite.
    Wiggins - 7 - Supported wing play as best he could and in the first half tried to do what Stewart should have been doing. A few of his crosses were a bit poor but his running at defenders second half led to some good moments for us.
    Wilson- 8 - Shoved 2 fingers up on some of his doubters and thought he took his 2 goals well. Plays beter when with Solly behind him. Song about him was poor.
    Stephens - 7 - Clearly fouled on their first goal, but kept plugging away and kept trying to prise openings.
    Cousins - 7 - Some of his crossfield balls would grace the premiership. Just hope we can sort the financial mess out otherwise sadly we will lose him quicker than expected.
    Stewart - 6 - Thats just for his second half performance. Wiggins had to take over his role first half.
    Church - 7 - Held the ball up well second half to ease the pressure off our defence and runs the flanks well with good pace. Just wish he had the threat to match.
    Kermorgant - 9 - My MOM, great goal and led the line well, got hammered by their defenders but got up and got on with it. Won almost every ball that came his way.

Ref - 2 - we have had him before and hope we dont see him again.
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wood - 8
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Wilson - 8.5
    Stephens - 7
    Cousins - 8
    Stewart - 6.5
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 9 - If for nothing else just for the quality of that free-kick.......beautiful
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 7.5
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Wilson - 8
    Stephens - 8
    Cousins - 7.5
    Stewart - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 9
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 6.5
    Wiggins 6.5 Brilliant second half, worst player on the pitch first half
    Wilson 8
    Stephens 7
    Cousins 7
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Options
    Alnwick 8
    Solly 8
    Morrison 8
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Wilson 9.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 8.5
    Stewart 7.5
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 9.5
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick - 6 I thought he could have done a little better for the first - no great saves needed to be made
    Solly - 7.5 Starting to get to speed - nice one
    Morrison - 7 Solid
    Wood - 7 solid
    Wiggins - 8 That was the Wiggins of old
    Wilson - 9 MOTM Plays very well with Solly - gives us solidity and an attacking threat. Has to get MOTM for 2 well taken goals - Brighton didn't pick him up!
    Stephens - 7.5 Has forged an excellent partnership with Cousins
    Cousins - 8 He is going to play at the very top
    Stewart - 6 Improved in second but kept running into defenders, as he oft seems to do in the first. He has an important role in our side - especially at home - and that is beating players and getting behind them - but he runs into then, then seems to favour passing in field. I'm not sure about him.
    Church - 7 In the absence of a quick goal scorer - his work rate is important and he can make a nuisanse of himself.
    Kermorgant - 8.5 I knew that free kick was going in.

I thought Evina looked good offensively when he came on - I know there would have been gaps but am wondering whether a Solly -Wilson and Wiggins - Evina combo is the way to go width wise.

• Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Solly - 8 How we have missed him, good alround performance!
    Morrison - 8 Solid, good partnership with Wood.
    Wood - 8 Really rate this guy, what a brilliant 'free' signing!
    Wiggins - 8 Back to his best, (can't believe some critic above said he had a terrrible first half), tireless running 100% percenter!
    Wilson - 9 Joint MOM with Yann! Superb display. Don't listen to that rubbish song, you are greatly appreciated in Lower West!
    Stephens - 8 Along with Jordan Cousins is now part of our best midfield for years. Give these players a new contract please!
    Cousins - 8 As above with Dale Stephens, brilliant understanding, every game his value goes up!
    Stewart - 7 Thought he was much better in the 2nd half, good wing play and crosses, we know what a great shot he has.
    Church - 7 Please get your confidence back and score, appreciate all the running
    Kermorgant - 9 Joint MOM. Please tie this man down to carry on with us until he retires from playing!

Attention the Board, please, please give these lads a new decent contract ASAP!
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 8
    Stephens 6
    Cousins 7
    Stewart 5
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 8
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7.5 My first choice now. Good handling, and most importantly, brave. Proved in the 2nd half that he will come to catch, and risk a battering.

Solly - 6 I will not eulogize him like some others, but good to see him back. He will get better as his fitness improves. Perhaps the best that could be said yesterday is his return allowed Charlton to unleash their unexpected secret weapon?

Wiggins - 8 I was concerned after his injury that we would never see the Rhoys of old. Over the last few weeks he has got better and better. Now seems back to his old "Rolls" Rhoys days.

Morrison - 7.5 I have not been the biggest fan of Morro, but I think the communication with Wood has made him a better player. A few cracking tackles and as strong as an ox.

Wood - 8 Unsung hero of the side. Being a left footer adds balance, and a good communicator. Rock like at the back.

Wilson - 9 There is no such thing as a perfect game, but I really struggled to remember a thing he did wrong. Ran and ran on a strength sapping pudding of a pitch. (No criticism intended to the ground staff, considering the weather we have had lately.) Look at his first goal again. If Rooney had scored it, we wouldn't hear the end of it. MOTM.

Stephens - 7 A decent performance, on a pitch that didn't favour his style of play. Looks so much more relaxed since Cousins has come into the team. I think the pitch hampered his passing a little.

Cousins - 8.5 Oustanding. Would probably have been man of the match but for Wilson's performance. Was tackled early on which seemed to surprise him. At which point he seemed to decide that he would just run through everybody. On that pitch, his work rate was outstanding.

Stewart - 6 Caught somewhat between a rock and a hard place. Very right footed, but played on the left, therefore usually being showed the outside. Hit a superb shot in the 1st half that went just wide. Did enough against his full back to get him yellow carded, and substituted at half time. If the full back had stayed on, he wouldn't have lasted 90 minutes. Much better 2nd half, and probably the most skillful player in the team.

Church - 7.5 Another whole hearted performance. Just beginning to see hints of a decent partnership between hum and Yann. A couple of cracking runs down the wing in the 2nd half.

Kermogant - 8.5 Strong, determined, whinging, arrogant, obnoxious. All the things that make Yann a terrible person to play against. His flick on fell often to a Charlton player, and looks like he and Churchy are building an understanding. If not for Wilson, would have been a toss up between him and Cousins for MOTM.
  • Options
    Alnwick - 6 Some good catches.
    Solly - 7 Got forward pretty well and did his bit with a few blocks,
    Morrison - 7 Generally ok.
    Wood - 7.5 Did well in the air and seems to be the key man (other than Kermorgant) defending corners.
    Wiggins - 8 A major attacking threat. Some of his bursts forward are unstoppable. No way he'll stay at Charlton.
    Wilson - 8 Two excellent finishes (and one bottle job with his head from a perfect left wing cross...). Tireless running.
    Stephens - 7 Over-enthusiasm chasing their goalie and full-back which left a big hole for the their first goal (although a forward should have dropped back). Playing well tough and key to our survival.
    Cousins - 7.5 Sees a lot of passes and is developing nicely. Needs to improve his shooting.
    Stewart - 6.5 Got better after an early whack. Provided a threat and linked well with Wiggins.
    Church - 7 Got better after a poor start (looked slow to react). A much bigger threat when he comes in from the left.
    Kermorgant - 8.5 Thought Xmas would be the time for him to shine as his fitness returns. Was excellent and we even saw him power forward with the ball at his feet. Some more of that please!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick 7.5 like the way he looks comfortable taking the ball high from some dangerous crosses.
    Solly 8 little pocket rocket is back. some lung-busting runs and works really well with Wilson
    Morrison 7.5 solid and looks good with Wood next to him
    Wood 8 really do think he is our best centre half. would like to see him with Cort as I think they'd be our best combo at centre-half
    Wiggins 7.5 picked up really well in the second half. some great runs and crosses.
    Wilson 9 had a great game and a nice touch from CP to bring him off just before the end for the deserved standing ovation
    Stephens 8 some fantastic play, let down a few times by a lack of concentration and getting caught on the ball. overall, the good definitely outweighing the bad, against a very good midfield.
    Cousins 8 solid, breaks up the opposition play and plays some very good passes. has to practice those long-range shots though ;-)
    Stewart 7.5 thought he bottled at least one 50:50, which was frustrating to see, but overall a very good contribution
    Church 7.5 if only he could shoot! does all the work so well.
    Kermorgant 8.5 knew that free-kick was going in as he stood there for it. best performance this season from him.

• Options
    Alnwick 7
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Wilson 8
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 5.5
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Solly 8
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Wilson 8
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 7.5
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Options
    Alnwick- 7, Solid but not great kicking
    Solly- 7.5, thought he worked well and done some good runs. Loads of energy and solidish at the back
    Morrison- 7, Cant remember him doing much wrong
    Wood- 7.5 noticed more then Morro had a good game looked assured
    Wiggins- 7.5, Better in second half, some good runs and got past a few ppl knicking the ball.
    Wilson -7.5, Scored 2 well taken finishes but other then that dont think he would have stood out, solid and done a job
    Stephens- 7, Didn't feel he done enough and was suprised he didn't come of. still ok
    Cousins- 8. 2nd half felt he came into his own and seemed to have alot of time on the ball and was everywhere, 1st half didnt really notice him
    Stewart 6, Doesn't use his pace enough for me should be running at players more but always looks to pass back to wiggins
    Church 6.5, worked hard and looked threatening when had space to run at defenders
    Kermorgant 7.5 worked bloody hard and a great free kick
  • Options
    How do some people give Solly ratings the same as Stewart....quite bizarre.
  • Options
    Alnwick 6.5
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 8
    Stephens 7
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 7
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 8

• Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 7.5
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 8.5
    Stephens - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Stewart - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8.5
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 8
    Wiggins 8
    Wilson 9
    Stephens 7
    Cousins 8
    Stewart 7
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 9
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick 8 I feel more confident with him between the sticks.Our number one now
    Solly 8 Really pleased he is back,I'd forgotten how good he is
    Morrison 7 Solid
    Wood 8 We look so much better defensively now he is back
    Wiggins 8 Get him signed up please,a class act at this level
    Wilson 9 A good two goals,one of the pluses about Solly returning
    Stephens 8.5 Very good extra point for an excellent goaline clearance
    Cousins 8 Played well
    Stewart 8 I normally do not like right footed players on the left but he contributed well, I hope he stays
    Church 6 Buzzed around with little end product
    Kermorgant 8 as vital defensively as he is going forward
  • Options
    Alnwick 7 - we have a keeper who can catch at last :*)
    Solly 8 - proper full back, but makes a big difference to the attack
    Morrison 8 - fabulous performance
    Wood 8 - still not sure how Dervite kept him out
    Wiggins 8.5 - best performance at this level, and made a huge difference
    Wilson 9 - not sure he used to be shite but was more than alright
    Stephens 7 - looks a different player with Cousins alongside
    Cousins 8.5 - if you've nothing better to do, watch this guy closely in a game. Hard to believe he's a kid and can't see him being ignored by Prem clubs for long
    Stewart 8 - that block! Powell has a loan player playing with more commitment than some of the permanent ones.
    Church 6.5 - full of work but usual powder puff shooting
    Kermorgant 9 MOM - the man at his best is a beast and makes the whole team tick