Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can Ceddy cut it in left midfield

2»

Comments

• Options
    On the basis of his performance at Reading, where he was poor, Cedric Evina is not suited to left midfield. His cameo yesterday was good but, as others have said, he had a lot of space to work in, given that Brighton had to throw the kitchen sink at us.

Retaining Stewart on loan would, in my view, be the best outcome but that will depend upon whether or not Hull have a chance to realise a fee for him before his contract expires in the Summer. In practice, that is likely to turn upon or not one of the dozen or so Championship teams with money has been sufficiently impressed with his games for us to decide to come in for him. Without wishing to tempt fate, I suspect that they won't and that we'll be able to retain him.

If we can't, Chris Powell will have to re-evaluate his options. Given that Jacko does not have the legs for that position, it may even lead to a recall for Harriott (who seems to have disappeared completely, with Green and Cook making the bench in preference to him).

• Options

Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

No, I think that is the popular opinion. Not mine, but most others seem to agree. Football is a game of opinions, which is one of the things that makes it so successful. Unless you are Henry of course- then it is a game of your opinions - accusing me of scapegoating a player, when it is something I have never done and after a victory is out of order in my book.

Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

No, I think that is the popular opinion. Not mine, but most others seem to agree. Football is a game of opinions, which is one of the things that makes it so successful. Unless you are Henry of course- then it is a game of your opinions - accusing me of scapegoating a player, when it is something I have never done and after a victory is out of order in my book.

Leave off mutley. This is a 2nd thread bemoaning Stewart (see Captain Cleanshorts) on top of the match and player mark threads.

So yes CS is this weeks scapegoat. That is my opinion. You are allowed to disagree but that is the way I see it.

I agree its not needed when we win but then I don't think it is needed when we lose either but it wasn't even aimed at you.

please don't get upset when people disagree with you.
    There's not one comment on this thread bemoaning Stewart.
  • Options

Leave off mutley. This is a 2nd thread bemoaning Stewart (see Captain Cleanshorts) on top of the match and player mark threads.

So yes CS is this weeks scapegoat. That is my opinion. You are allowed to disagree but that is the way I see it.

I agree its not needed when we win but then I don't think it is needed when we lose either but it wasn't even aimed at you.

please don't get upset when people disagree with you.
    Lets agree it is opinions, but please accept that I don't scapegoat players. I don't like it when people do it so definitely don't like it when I am accused of it. However, if you say it wasn't aimed at me - fair enough - the fact that you quoted me gave me that impression.
  • Options
    But I didn't quote you.
  • Options
    Apologies Henry, you posted soon after my post, If you were not referring to my post when you made your statement, I accept that.