Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Henry

2»

Comments

• Options

When he's not pretending to be worried about his close buddy Mwamba.

The guy is a total knob.

Strange that you'd hold it against the bloke for flying from the US to the UK just to visit Muamba and wish him well.
    The whole thing was a publicity stunt. He was here to visit his estranged wife and daughter - saw a bandwagon and got on it !

No sign of him at the Mwamba wedding.
    He was the bloody best man you idiot!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I feel like we're on a Spurs board.

Don't think he was fouling Fortune, Fortune had a hold of him and that's why he couldn't turn just had to attempt a backheel. You have to be pretty pessimistic if you think the whole visiting of Muamba was just publicity, and not him going to visit someone who was at his club who'd suffered a terrible fate.

Running the length of the pitch to celebrate isn't that bad. Exactly the same thing Adebayor did but pretty sure Tottenham fans didn't mind celebrating his two goals at Southampton last week. It's a derby, it's more passion for the game that hate for the other club/fans. Keeping the ball in using an arm would be a reflex, and even if it wasn't he was just sending his side to the World Cup. If I had the chance I'd probably do it to send England there, especially as it was only against the Irish ;).

I've always liked Henry, one my favourite players ever and was so happy I got to watch him live. Majority of my family are Arsenal fans so I was pretty jealous they got to watch him and Berkamp play together week in week out.
  • Options
    Agree that he had hus bad side but probably the best foreign player to play in the premier league despite all the goals he scored against us.
  • Options
    Lenny said:

When he's not pretending to be worried about his close buddy Mwamba.

The guy is a total knob.

Strange that you'd hold it against the bloke for flying from the US to the UK just to visit Muamba and wish him well.
    The whole thing was a publicity stunt. He was here to visit his estranged wife and daughter - saw a bandwagon and got on it !

No sign of him at the Mwamba wedding.
    A quick look on Google suggests he was best man...

I stand corrected, and apologise accordingly.
  • Options
    He didn't cheat against Ireland. There was a handball that the ref didn't give. No different from any goal that results from a foul not being given in the build up. Refs fault.
  • Options

One of my all time favourites, his balletic style meant he almost glided over the pitch. But looking at this photo now, it all seems light years away.
  • Options
    Look how nice our pitch was then!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He didn't cheat against Ireland. There was a handball that the ref didn't give. No different from any goal that results from a foul not being given in the build up. Refs fault.

To say that is laughable, Next time you see Terry Butcher ask him if he think's Maradona Cheated??

Henry was one of the greatest player's I've ever seen live but had that spell over everyone in the same way Messi does, I've seen Messi Dive numerous times, stamp into challenges but commentators and pundits choose to ignore it unlike if Ronaldo does a similar thing. "Everyone's darling" which is why nothing is made of it!!!!!!