Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kermorgant to Burnley rumour

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like his agent is trying to make the (potential) new owners aware that YK is out of contract pretty soon....
  • Options
    Sheffield United
  • Options
    Not fussed if he went TBH at least maybe the Hoofball might stop cos it would appear Powell can't stop it!
    The team is weaker because of Yanns prowess at winning a header!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Not fussed if he went TBH at least maybe the Hoofball might stop cos it would appear Powell can't stop it!

Much like against Millwall? We don't have good enough footballers (i'm not saying players) to play through from the back. We will go down if we sell Yann!!!!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

When Stephens plays where he supposed too it cuts this out quite a bit.

• Options
    If Charlton sell any of the key players in this transfer window, there is a strong risk of relegation.

For those players out of contract in the summer, the longer it is left, the more likely they will wait and leave on a free, particularly if there is any fee involved.

For KMG, I really hope that Jimensz and Slater stop arsing about so that fresh ownership will allow funds so that KMG can be paired up with a decent striker. With 2 strong forwards, scoring goals will be no problem. We will really see how many goals Yann can score. It will more difficult for the defence to concentrate on stopping KMG as present. KMG is a Charlton hero.

I can't see how a Burnley contract helps him as if they get promoted to the premiership, they would surely strengthen and he would likely end up on the bench or struggle to get into the squad.
  • Options
    Asked dingles I know and they found this highly amusing, they would prefer Vaughan who is up against them tomorrow or Rhodes just to annoy Bleakburn
  • Options
    Who is KMG?
  • Options
    If we lose big Yann i'll be pretty pissed. I think it's just a rumour though.
  • Options
    Actually, the Burnley 2-year contract offer is real. The unknown factor is whether we can keep him. We know he loves the club and seems to want to stay but the fact is that he is soon out of contract and has a family to consider, as well as his career prospects, so the issue of the unresolved financial position would appear to be the key factor here. Fingers crossed that this is resolved during the transfer window, before Yann is left in a position where he feels the need to take an offer (potentially to a team going to the Promised Land!) and also with any new owner not needing/wanting to dispose of assets/costs. January looks like being a pivotal month for the immediate future of our beloved club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann triggers an extension soon I don't see any benefit for him leaving yet
  • Options
    As a relatively late developer, I'd have thought maximising his remaining earnings potential would be virtually the sole consideration.

If Burnley fancy taking some calculated risks to get promotion from their strong position then they may well be willing to pay 'above market' wages (or at least more than we ought to offer). There's no case for us to enter a wage bidding war for a 32 year old.
  • Options
    the ownership will be wrapped up soon, so kermorgant is number two priority for contracts. very important we wrap it up, obviously powell is more important beccause we would be in sheff wednesdays position or worse without him.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Yann triggers an extension soon I don't see any benefit for him leaving yet

I'm not so sure about that.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

It'll take some beating for a post to equal this one for sheer wrongness over the next year.
    I don't give a fuck what you think.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

It'll take some beating for a post to equal this one for sheer wrongness over the next year.
    Wow happy 2014!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

Slight overreaction.
  • Options
    Haha I get that a lot.
  • Options
    Who took the jam out of his doughnut?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

Hahahaa chill Winston
  • Options
    Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

Classy.
  • Options
    There are 2 reasons why this won't happen. The first is that Kermogant is happy here and the second is that there is no way he would want to move to a place like Burnley.
  • Options
    Money talks chance of being in Orem
    Bext season don't be do naive
  • Options
    Yes, but it is still Burnley - French people have higher standards than some of us - and living in Burnley would not be for a man of his obvious culture.
  • Options

Not even mentioned on Twitter if you type in "Kermorgant Burnley". I normally find that if there's even a slight rumour doing the rounds, it returns some results on there.

So hopefully it's nonsense like I suspect.

The search function on twitter takes a sample of tweets at random at any one time, it's not comprehensive. Which means if there was anything about it we won't always be guaranteed to see it.
  • Options
    Spanner in the works?

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 38s
    Burnley have made a bid for Brighton striker Ashley Barnes. #clarets #bhafc
  • Options
    Nowt true in this according to the Burnley board member I was out with yesterday
  • Options
    Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

I am with you on Yann decent player but nothin special. He is overrated by a lot of ppl
  • Options
    Yann genuinely found it difficult to adjust to Leicester, I think Burnley would be a step too far.