Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull coach attacked leaving Anfield

Comments

• Options
    Good post though, there are 31 pics of Kelly Brook on the link which has brought my first day back at work to a very nice end.
  • Options
    Allegedy because of Hillsborough songs, whether that's true I don't know.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Can you hear as song from outside a coach?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Like I said RP , never their fault.
  • Options
    it's a long cold drive over the Pennines all the way along the M62 with broken windows !!
  • Options
    Too much to drink?

Hope the fan injured is ok..

Not what we want to see.

• Options
    Agree that there's no justification for smashing coach windows and like any football club LFC has its share of idiots.

Personally I'm very uncomfortable with the 'Always the victims , never their fault' sentiment appearing uncritically on this Forum. It is mostly used to wind up Liverpool fans by suggesting that Hillsborough (for example) was their fault and for anyone that lost someone in the Hillsborough disaster, this is deeply hurtful.
  • Options
    Come off it vm. Just because Hillsbrough was a heinous cover up and they were blameless, doesnt absolve them of all their sins. Are you forgetting what their mob were like in the 70s and 80s? They were the absolute worst fans of the lot - and they've still got a massive following of turds.

• Options
    Leroy, completely agree that LFC fans aren't above criticism. Not sure that their hooligan element was worse than say Chelsea, Man U, Leeds and Millwall but accept that since there's no hooligan league table this is a moot point.

My main point still stands- I personally don't like to see 'Always the victims , never their fault' on this Forum, because of Hillsborough.
  • Options
    The comment isn't just about Hillsborough though, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stu, no but it causes offence because of Hillsborough and those that use it generally know this.
  • Options
    So Liverpool fans are beyond criticism due to Hillsborough? Seems a bit strange imo.
  • Options
    they had a good tear up with Napoli when me and unc went to watch Jonjo no change in the scallys
  • Options
    And Hillsbrough means Heysel is largely forgotten about.
  • Options
    Stu, criticism yes. Crass, provocative and divisive chants/ slogans no. 'Always the victims , never their fault' is the latter for me.

Anyway happy to agree to disagree. Too busy enjoying a rare moment of Charlton optimism!
  • Options
    The kop responds to this story

• Options
    They don't help themselves at all though - the way the club reacted the the Suarez Evra racism row with those shirts ... Just plays into the hands of the always the victims chanters, when, regardless of what was and wasn't said, he was found guilty of racism and the club responded like the victim... Shambles
  • Options
    Agree that it was completely mishandled particularly the t shirts and the non-handshake episodes. Suarez should have apologised along the lines of 'i'm sorry my words offended you'.
  • Options
    Just like Heysel. It's the fault of the poor design of the bus and the driver probably didn't help by driving into the bricks. Also if Hull fans hadn't been sitting next to the windows they wouldn't have been injured. Enhanced sick benefits and a minute's silence for any mickeys that have suffered trauma as a result of this unfortunate incident. Shame on Hull.
  • Options
    Will never forget when I travelled up to Liverpool (the year Shaun Bartlett scored the only goal in our first win at Anfield for yonks) - We were stopped at a red light on this dual carriageway and this Liverpool kid ran towards the coach, threw a stone yet managed to miss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Everton fans who invented the always the victims chant, it therefore has nothin to do with Hillsborough.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Liverpool's actions are deplorable however I would not be surprised if the Hull fans were singing songs about Hillsborough, let us not forget the chants directed at us a few years back with regards to the 7/7 bombings, they have a small but vocal away contingent who still think the club are playing at Boothferry Park and it's the mid-nineties.
  • Options
    FOD, people sing it for different reasons. For some it's about Suarez/ Evra, Michael Shields and Heysel. Others understand the Hillsborough link and are happy to cause offence. Fact is that many LFC fans believe that it references Hillsborough and are understandably upset and angered by the chant.

Knowing how LFC perceive the victim chant, any argument that says that it 'has nothing to do with Hillsborough' is weak, particularly since the chant uses the word 'always'. The fact that a minority of Everton fans have sometimes used it doesn't make it acceptable either in my view. Every club has an idiot minority, Liverpool and Charlton included.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    They probably believe the without killing anyone, we won it 3 times chant is about Hillsborough as well when clearly it's refering to Heysal.

If some idiots wanted to mock the disaster they wouldn't be so subtle about it, like the famous Munich chants Liverpool used to sing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25619028
    Oldham fan stabbed after yesterday's game.
  • Options

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25619028
    Oldham fan stabbed after yesterday's game.

Scamps
  • Options
    Stabbed five times from behind. Must have provoked them.
  • Options
    refusing to talk to detectives - wonder why....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

refusing to talk to detectives - wonder why....

Can't understand them
  • Options
    Some people just don't like talking to the police. More likely that he was involved in a fight and the other guy just pulled out a knife.

Of course Liverpool fans will now jump on that and claim no fault for the incident. Definitely stabbed himself while singing Hillsborough songs.