Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For UK based insomniacs

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Apparently there's an interview with Pards on Football Night on Channel 5 some time in the next hour.

Comments

• But Ali - I have to get up at 6 30. I should have gone to bed an hour ago.............
  • Tape it?
  • Smart thinking, Batman.....
  • ta for the tip!
  • Well, that was good stuff. I don't think there was much new in it - he's spoken already about the difference between us and West Ham and how we need a bit more of an edge - but he's singing the praises of ZZ now Reid's out. And Benty as well.

But Pards could read out a shopping list and I'd storm down to Sainsburys with a fighting attitude.
  • incidentally - do we train at The Valley often, or was that for the cameras?
  • i know we trained at the Valley before the Newcastle match, so perhaps we're getting into a habit of having a session there before home games. Bet paddy is doing his nut !

What did he say about the difference between us and West Ham ? I may be reading it completely wrong, but i have this real nagging doubt that long-term Pards sees us a bit 'beneath him'.

Really hope to good i've been picking up the wrong signals with this.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i know we trained at the Valley before the Newcastle match, so perhaps we're getting into a habit of having a session there before home games. Bet paddy is doing his nut !

What did he say about the difference between us and West Ham ? I may be reading it completely wrong, but i have this real nagging doubt that long-term Pards sees us a bit 'beneath him'.

I don't have any doubt that he thinks that he can move on to bigger and better things but i think we need to accept that is the way of football now. There are no longer any Gradi's, Ferguson's, Curbishley's etc.

The one thing we can't doubt though is Pard's commitment to the cause while he is at Charlton, he is trying his best, getting results, saying the right things and most importantly gaining the respect of players and fans alike.

Lets enjoy it whether it lasts 2 years or 20 years.
  • I thought he mean't that the desire to win at all costs was not there and he wanted to change it. I didn't sound like he was planning to leave sometime soon to me. He is a great communicator and motivator. If he can add "spotting talent", and the evidence so far is that he can, together with "tactical nous", then we really have got somebody special.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i know we trained at the Valley before the Newcastle match, so perhaps we're getting into a habit of having a session there before home games. Bet paddy is doing his nut !

i like pards but when he took the West Ham job he was quoted in the press as sayin charlton was not a big enough job. I keep saying this but you all wont listen to me. anyway i think he's learnt his lesson now and will be around for a long time.