Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    The kop remembers.
  • Options
    Goodbye to one of the greatest influences of popular music over thd last 50 years. The Everly brothers acknowledged by Lennon and McCartney, Simon and Garfunkel and many others since as their leading lights. R.I.P. Phil.
  • Options
    RIP Phil.
  • Options
    We have lost another treasure. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP .. The Everlys were a major influence on the 'softer' side of rock n roll .. Phil was a heavy smoker .. let that be a lesson to y'all
  • Options
    RIP
    saw them do a couple of numbers as guests of simon and garfunkel a few years ago in Hyde park.
    Didn't post I'm the "best harmonies" thread but IMO there are very few songs that can better their "ebony eyes"
  • Options

RIP
    saw them do a couple of numbers as guests of simon and garfunkel a few years ago in Hyde park.
    Didn't post I'm the "best harmonies" thread but IMO there are very few songs that can better their "ebony eyes"

I went to that Hyde Park concert too.

Very sad they were excellent at what they did.

RIP Phil.
  • Options
    RIP Phil

Grew up listening to them and I think saw them with my parents circa 82.

Sad.
  • Options
    RIP Phil,
    Loved the Everley's music, big influence on many acts that followed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad, was the first song I listened too on my Sony Walkman as a kid.
  • Options
    Far too young (mid 40's) to have known of The Everly Brothers at their peak but know of their substantial influence on music. Pure, raw, natural musical talent.

The 1983 reunion show they did at the Albert Hall was/is sheer class. They have earned their right to sit at the top table as true legends of popular music, no question.
    Phil Everly can be very proud of what he's left behind. My thoughts are for his brother.....can't imagine how painful it must be to lose half of your identity, however old you may be.
  • Options
    I saw The Everly Brothers in Croydon back in the early nineties. They were still awesome then. Really sad that Phil has gone. RIP pal.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

The kop remembers.

This is getting beyond a joke now lad!