Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ljubljana - Slovenia

Considering this for 2-3 day jaunt in May. Anyone been? Looks very nice.

Comments

• Options
    Always quite fancied it, after reading this article. Looking at it now I see I've done nothing about it in 10 years
    http://theguardian.com/travel/2003/jun/28/travelawards2003.slovenia.guardiansaturdaytravelsection
  • Options
    I went in October after having it recommended on here, a lovely little town. There isn't a huge amount to do but that's part of its charm, it's a nice place to wander rather than rush around. Google Lake Bled as well, that's about an hour away by coach.
  • Options
    Yes. It's a lovely place. Doesn't feel like a capital city. Very charming in parts. I visited last summer with the family.
  • Options
    Any good for a stag do?
  • Options

Any good for a stag do?

Getting married ?
  • Options

Considering this for 2-3 day jaunt in May. Anyone been? Looks very nice.

Phew. Thought RD was buying another club ......
  • Options
    Yes, agree with all above. Has a slightly Venetian feel, both the architecture and the canals that run through the centre. Mix of Italian and more meaty Balkan cuisine. A wonderful market too, although not sure what you can take back on a plane trip, maybe pumpkin oil. It has a population of 300k, so it's not a big place.

Slovenia was the champion of the post-communist states in the 90s, but they have stagnated in the last 10 years. If you take a look at their state TV in the hotel room you will get a feel for that.
  • Options

Any good for a stag do?

Getting married ?
    Eventually!
  • Options
    Going there in March for a stag do so will report back...
  • Options
    We went two years ago,was awesome. Would recommend Lake Bled more though. Look up Emerald River Adventure, amazing day out and you can get the bus to and from Ljubljana to Bled to meet the tour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I only saw one decent pub in the centre then a 'disco' a short distance from the canal. I wouldn't say it's a drinking city.

Clem, if you're in female company then I can recommend Ginger Rooms, it'll be on booking.com.
  • Options
    Clicked on this thinking it was the next team M Duchatelet is buying
  • Options
    Oh, and Union beer do a brewery tour the first Tuesday of the month in Ljubljana.
  • Options
    If you have time, visit the caves at Postojna. Seriously impressive.
  • Options

Did this and would also recommend Bled, albeit did both back in 1985! When went through Ljubljana at the time (we stayed at Porec) the coach commentator told us the number unemployed there was 10!
  • Options

This
  • Options

Didn't get to these, but saw a review on TripAdvisor before we went to Slovenia about a bloke who they left there in the dark. Harsh but had us in stitches.
  • Options
    Went for a stag do a few years ago, took part in a bar crawl/tour with local tour provider which was brilliant. Ended up in a great nightclub called club top, after having no sleep went skiing for the day which was about an hours drive.
    We ended up in the same club the following evening after a meal down the river, great weekend.