Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'in your seat by ten to latest' campaign ?

forty years ago fans would be drifting into the old covered end from around 2pm onwards, the singing would start around 2.30/2.40 so that by the time the teams came out and kicked off there was some atmosphere...at the moment, most of stadium is still empty at 5 to 3 and then its like somebody flicks a switch and everybody starts appearing which gives a false feeling to it all...perhaps we should start a campaign to encourage everybody to try and get to their seats by 10 to at the latest...

Comments

• Options
    Well said. Be nice if we stayed till 5pm too!
  • Options
    Err no thanks, that prat with the microphone ruins everything pre-match, unless of course we ALL sung together & drowned the fugger out, cannot see that happening though. I agree re the staying till then end, winds me up proper that does, just shows to me people don't care whether we win or lose.
  • Options
    and with the tendency for both teams to warm up on the pitch prior to the game, go back in and then come out again, a fuller stadium and a bit of atmosphere cranked up before they go back in to get ready to come back out again would raise their game a bit more and give the opposition something to think about...
  • Options
    Now I know the Opera singer is on, I'm staying in the pub til 2.55pm.

Cannot stand all that nonsense.
  • Options
    i quite like the opera singer...and the other bands...perhaps the club could build a temporary stage under the 'big screen' while the ground expansion is going through its ground to a halt phase and showcase a local band each home game...
  • Options
    Well said LTGTR. The first half against Newcastle was so flat because nobody turned up until 2 minutes to KO. We have to get the atmosphere going before the KO. We can't expect the players to perform if the feeling in the ground is that flat again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Well said LTGTR. The first half against Newcastle was so flat because nobody turned up until 2 minutes to KO. We have to get the atmosphere going before the KO. We can't expect the players to perform if the feeling in the ground is that flat again.

I think it's more to do with the fact we where s*** in the first half.
  • Options
    Need to get Superclive and Roof out there 5 mins before kick off.