Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky plus box going a bit mental.

edited January 2014 in Not Sports Related
Was trying to change the channel this morning but every button I pressed put a zero on the screen instead. Thought it was probably the remote but tried another remote and it's doing the same thing. Anyone else ever had this problem? I've tried the usual unplugging thing but no joy.

Comments

• Options
    No mate
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Whilst the design of the Sky+ box is brilliant, the build quality is the sort of cheap rubbish you might expect from Amstrad.

I'd recommend phoning them up. We've had a few problems with these and we're now on our third box. To be fair to Sky, once you get through they are pretty good at sorting things out.
  • Options
    Luckilly I can work it to an extent from my iphone still . Will bell them tomorrow . Praying it ain't the box as last time I had to do a restore and it wiped my planner. At the moment I've got nearly all the Sopranos on there.
  • Options
    What' a zee?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

What' a zee?

It's a zero with a typo ;)

All sorted now. Something to do with the magic eye thing sending the sky upstairs. Unplugged the coax switched the box off and on and plugged in and all working again.
  • Options
    Yes similar thing happened, every button paused the box, turned it of for 20secs, turned back on again and worked worked for about 1/2hr, phoned sky, said I'm leaving because box broke, offered brand new upgrade.
    Try it, can't promise they'll do the same but worth a pop.
  • Options
    I hope you had the presence of mind to change channel from babestation to bbc1 just before you went to bed last night?