Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Saw him at The Valley alongside Bremner. Class player.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Blimey he was 83. Remember seeing him play for Oldham against us in the early 70's.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Bobby Collins another great name from my football memories . A very tough skillfull inside forwood & about 5ft 4 inches tall .Always gave 100% on the pitch.
  • Options
    Pocket battleship. I recall reading some of the things Jack a charlton's said of him, and how he drove the character of Revvie's Leeds.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    McCartney said:

Blimey he was 83. Remember seeing him play for Oldham against us in the early 70's.
    RIP

Are you sure ?

It would have been 1972 or 1973 probably & he would have been 42 or 43.
  • Options
    RIP. Great player
  • Options
    Him, Bremner and Giles, possibly the shortest and dirtiest midfield in history .. R I P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dirty player but cd play a bit s
  • Options

McCartney said:

RIP

Are you sure ?

He may of played in the game where Peter Hunt scored a goal when the ball hit the adverts behind the goal and the ref gave us a goal it was against Oldham in the early 70's.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    clive said:

McCartney said:

RIP

Are you sure ?

He may of played in the game where Peter Hunt scored a goal when the ball hit the adverts behind the goal and the ref gave us a goal it was against Oldham in the early 70's.
    Think you're right Clive.
    4-2, on 21st October, 1972, Oldham number 10 was Collins.
  • Options
    I think he played for Leeds in the 1960s. I think he was part of the side that got Leeds out of Division 2 in 1965. He had previously played for Celtic and Everton. Good, competitive midfield player and good passer of the ball.
  • Options

clive said:

McCartney said:

RIP

Are you sure ?

I was there & remember the game well (ish).

So it would seem like he was 40 (plus) when he played us.
  • Options

clive said:

McCartney said:

RIP

Are you sure ?

I was there & remember the game well (ish).

So it would seem like he was 40 (plus) when he played us.
    I remember the game well enough too, but I don't recall a veteran Bobby Collins playing, to be honest. However, Wikipedia says that he made 7 appearances for Oldham in 1972-73 before playing the following season for Shamrock Rovers.