Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Lloyd Pack - Trigger - RIP (Resurrected. The thread, not Roger)

Comments

• Options
    The kop remembers.
  • Options
    He portrayed Trigger brilliantly and had some great lines! I wonder if he was lined up to star in the latest Fools and Horses show? ((new one to be aired apparently)

I like when he is introduced to the show and Rodney pulls Del aside and says "why do they call him Trigger, does he carry a gun?"
    Del goes, "no, it's 'cause he looks like a horse".
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Its not been a very good start to 2014 far as people I know passing away to be honest. RIP to you all x and, of course RIP to Trigg Too..
  • Options
    RIP, a real legend !
  • Options
    How very sad - RIP.

Actually saw him "backstage" (well, hanging about afterwards) at Glenn Tilbrook's concert in Glasgow just before Christmas - guess they must be pals. Had no idea he was ill.
  • Options
    Never comment on these threads as a rule but this has genuinely saddened me. A great actor and performer.
  • Options
    Fuck. Not many of them left now :(
  • Options
    He may not have been responsible for writing all those quality lines for Trigger, but his comedy timing was spot on. He also made an average sit-com (Dibley) worth watching in my opinion...........

R.I.P
  • Options
    Comic genius. That dead-pan face at moments of high humour. Too young to be taken. Thanks for all the laughs. RIP Trig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's some sort of yellow stuff...

Will watch an episode tonight I think , such a good actor
  • Options
    Love one of the early scenes, when Trigger's selling Del some knocked off brief cases. They settle down to discuss and negotiate a price per unit...

Del: 'ow much?

Trig: For you Del boy, 17 pounds each.

Del: You know what 'appened to the real Trigger dontcha? Roy Rodgers had 'im stuffed.

Trig: Alright then, 14.

Del: 14? Leave it out. Five...

Trig: 12

Del: Six.

Trig: Ten?

Del: Nine.

Trig: EIGHT!

Still chuckle at that one, and many others.

• Options
    Shag said:

It's some sort of yellow stuff...

Will watch an episode tonight I think , such a good actor

Peckham Spring when they take the yellow gunge down to Triggers yard and its closed.

Del "I thought you said this was open 24 hours a day Trigg!?"

Trigger "It is, but not at night!"

PMSL
  • Options
    He was due to be a guest speaker at a dinner I attended just before Christmas in Central London, but he cancelled at the very last minute due to illness.......this is shocking and incredibly sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    christ almighty i'm 59, does that mean i shouldn't make any long term plans?

rip
  • Options
    Shocked and saddened by this news. Still cracks me up watching OFAH.
    RIP Trigger.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    geniune RIP
  • Options

another line that gets me, he picks up a date in one episode and gets asked if he told her what his job was before replying:

'I told her I was a bus conductor, to add a bit of glamour'

gotta love OFAH, Vicar of Dibley was decent and all. Like others have said, normally find it soppy when everyone pops up if someone famous dies, but this one is a sad one to me. Regularly watch the DVDs still, 10x funnier than any of the Jack Whitehall, Russell Howard etc shit you get on at the moment and I'm a 22 year old saying that.

My 12 year old loves watching OFAH. He also loves watching me in tears laughing at it. I have to say there are not many comedy series out there from the early eighties that you would laugh at as though it was your first time watching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very sad loss, RIP
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TsxDGtMpA

Probably one of my favorite moments

RIP Trigger
  • Options
    Didn't realise he was ill, terrible news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Trigger. Not many celebrities deaths upset me much (mainly because i don't know them). He made me laugh out loud so many times, i feel like he was one of my mates.
  • Options
    RIP Trigger......god bless you for all the laughs you gave to many thousands
  • Options
    Please riase your glasses to Cassandra and Rodney!

Cassandra and Rodney!

Dave!
  • Options
    Horrible news, horrible disease. In spite of that, I found myself laughing at the 'Gandhi' piece above, and I think this best tribute to a wonderfull man is to send him on laughing.
    Thanks for the many happy moments.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP

Fantastic actor taken too soon.
  • Options
    This old broom has had 17 new heads and 14 new handles!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just see a tribute to RLP on BBC News, watching the Trigger clips made me come over all emotional. Not like me at all that