Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M&S temp contracts.... help?

2»

Comments

• Don't think the bit in your post about her living with you and spending money on travel and them not letting her transfer stores helps your case. If the store doesn't have any vacancies how can they accept the transfer pregnancy or no pregnancy. Also, there is a recruitment freeze at the moment is there not?

Also confused about your dates. You said she started in November as an Xmas temp (one would assume she'd work up to Xmas eve in that case) you then said her contract extended on reduced hours after this Xmas period I assume. It's only the 20th Jan and she's 3 weeks pregnant. I have sympathy for you I really do but as she's worked for 2 months as an Xmas temp it just sounds like the hours aren't there now Xmas is over but they've kept her on because she is good.

First off, ask for a letter confirming the new hours which will form part of the original contract even though it is a separate document.