Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happened to BWP?

I last had a ST during the promotion season with BWP. What was the reason for not trying him out in the Championship? Seemed to become surplus to requirements as soon as the new league started. Fill me in, please!

Comments

• Options
    www.google.co.uk
  • Options
    Tonight I realised Danny Hollands is still with us, surprised he hasn't gone out on loan again
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Maybe you should read the OP?

Edit: CrayAddick be deletin' posts
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    He played a deceptively high amount of games during the first half of last season and didn't really cut it. Admittedly he would be better than 2/3 of the current bunch but Powell let him go thinking he'd be able to replace him adequately, rather than be left to scrape around for free agents (Church) or loans (Sordell).

Wikipedia says he scored 1 goal in 19 appearances last season. That's actually worse than the 3 in 20 for Church so far this campaign.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Had a run of games at the beginning of 2012/13 and only scored once (his goal against Palace should have stood too.)

• Options
    Everyone wanted him to step up.

His all round game was good enough i thought. The problem was his finishing and last season we had Fuller, Haynes and Yann. So a loan move was on the cards and went to Brentford.
  • Options
    Is Hollands at Gillingham? He didn't play in their last game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Is this serious ? Surely everyone knows BWP is in America with New York Red Bulls and although it's their off season the last time I looked he was still on their roster, as is Ruben Bover.
  • Options
    Ashaddick said:

Is this serious ? Surely everyone knows BWP is in America with New York Red Bulls and although it's their off season the last time I looked he was still on their roster, as is Ruben Bover.

As is Thierry Henry
    and Lloyd Sam

• Options
    I didn't realise we'd become a NY Red Bulls feeder club, have we ever received a fee or have they always been our players out of contract?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashaddick said:

##

That wasn't the question tho was it? He's asking why didnt he work out when we got promoted.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Ashaddick said:

##

That wasn't the question tho was it? He's asking why didnt he work out when we got promoted.

Who can ever know that other than the player and the coaching/management team ?

• Options
    Wasn't strong enough to compete with the strikers available to us last season. Would have been strong enough for this season.

We made the right decision in letting him go though as there is no way we could have given him contract after contract to not play. A move to New York Red Bulls must be bit of a dream when you consider some of the players he is up against as well as the change in lifestyle.