Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our goals yesterday (inc Yann's free-kick!)

Our goals from yesterday have been uploaded to the site.

Yann's 1st --> http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/yann-kermorgant-goal-vs-oxford-united-2/

Green's (great work by Church) --> http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/danny-green-goal-vs-oxford-united/

Yet another of Yann's glorious free-kicks' --> http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/yann-kermorgant-free-kick-vs-oxford-united/

Enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter - @PlentyofShots - for the first place to see the latest Charlton goals, as well as many from years gone by.

Comments

• Options
    Great work by Church for the first 2.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

A natural goal scorer would have put #2 away and not passed to Green

He went for an almost guaranteed goal for the team, as opposed to a 'probable' goal for himself. To be commended in my opinion, especially at 1-0.
  • Options
    green was offside surely
  • Options

green was offside surely

No, ball was played forward but he looked like he was behind the ball when it was played
  • Options
    very unselfish play by church for greens goal! repect
  • Options
    worth watching the Darren Pitcher goal as well.
  • Options
    don't think you can see if green is behind the ball, he certainly is infront of the last defender when its played
  • Options
    Brilliant play by Church for first two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

don't think you can see if green is behind the ball, he certainly is infront of the last defender when its played

Even Green can outpace a league 2 defender : - )

• Options

green was offside surely

Their keeper was going ballistic - so I guess he thought so too.

Watched the vid a few times and agree with Henry.
    Green behind the ball at the moment it was played.

• Options
    Huge respect for Church passing the ball for Green to score (You see Danny thats how you do it... No trying to score from corners yourself mate) - As for Yann's third goal that has to be his best free-kick for us as was from some distance, their Goalkeeper should have done better for the first
  • Options
    Two fantastic bits of work by Church and two great strikes by Kermorgant! What an unstoppable strike force we have, who needs new strikers???
  • Options
    Think Yann should have celebrated in front of the open end behind the goal.
  • Options
    Nice to see Yann getting to take the free kick from the side which should have favoured Jacko's left peg. Yann's free kicks are different gravy imho and he should be taking any that are in shooting positions.
  • Options

Our goals from yesterday have been uploaded to the site...

Do you have access to video footage from the goals and then convert them to animated gif files? If so, would you be able to share the video for the freekick? Many thanks

• Options
    I can't think of any player in the last 15-20 we have who is as good at free kicks as Yann?

Claus Jensen had a wand of a right foot, but Yann is something else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kinsell
    cafctom said:

I can't think of any player in the last 15-20 we have who is as good at free kicks as Yann?

Kins could strike a decent free kick as could Talal El Karkouri although not with the dip, bend and accuracy of SuperYann. Mind you JJ is not bad either.
  • Options

how do we know church passed and that wasn't one of his normal shots

I did think that at the time and also thought his first set up was a defender's foot in because of the movement of the ball. I was up the over end and it was to cold to see clearly.

He obviously meant both so i will review the points I gave him on the players marks.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    RedChaser said:

Kinsell

cafctom said:

Kins could strike a decent free kick as could Talal El Karkouri although not with the dip, bend and accuracy of SuperYann. Mind you JJ is not bad either.
    From what I recall, JJ has only scored two proper free kicks for us (albeit very important ones), and a scruffy one against Luton in the Cup.

Yann has set piece goals against Oxford, Yeovil, Rochdale, Brighton, Wycombe to his name, plus a couple against Barnet in a friendly. And I don't think he has even played 100 games for us yet!
  • Options
    I think the reporter from The Sun or who whoever he got his info from should get their eyes tested, they claim Green scored after Church had his point-blank shot saved by the keeper......
  • Options
    JJ hasn't scored a free kick in a while, Yann all the time for me.
  • Options
    Simon church does well in two of those.
  • Options

Our goals from yesterday have been uploaded to the site...

Do you have access to video footage from the goals and then convert them to animated gif files? If so, would you be able to share the video for the freekick? Many thanks

Other than the highlights which I think ITV have uploaded, I don't I'm afraid, Planty.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

A natural goal scorer would have put #2 away and not passed to Green

If this isn't tongue in cheek it's the most ridiculous comment I have ever read in here. I assume it's a joke.
  • Options
    Remember mark Robson having a decent free kick on him also
  • Options
    ASS U ME