Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - FA Cup Preview (from guest author Jim Davidson, Live from the BB House)

Comments

• Options
    razil said:

clearly he wrote it preemptively, he knew the 4th round draw too...

We ALL knew the 4th round draw!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Really hope we win this one even if it takes a replay to do so. I think the Oxford game and the next two are so important for our season. Win all three and next week we will all feel so positive. One down...doubt it though, 2-0 to Udders.
  • Options
    Huddersfield v Charlton

Mark Lawrence prediction 2-1
    Casey Stoney prediction 1-0

#copyrightBBC

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Don't know if anyone noticed but Jim Davidson was posting under AFKA Bartram's name. One and the same ?
  • Options
    vff said:

Don't know if anyone noticed but Jim Davidson was posting under AFKA Bartram's name. One and the same ?

Has anyone seen them in the same room at the same time ?

• Options
    Hudds 3 - Charlton 1
  • Options
    HT 0 - 2 CA (Church, Green)
  • Options
    Nice one AFKA you ol' bluffer!
    We will be in the 5th round draw - Charlton not to lose :)
  • Options
    It should be close but I fear 1-0 Huddersfield
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to say the same thing I said on Tuesday as it worked ;-)

I don't really care, it is another pointless game, in a pointless cup that we stand no chance of winning, the more games we play the more we're damaging our chances in the league and risking our players. But if I had to predict a score is say a marginal defeat 1-0 or 2-1 to Huddersfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see if they start Vaughan on his comeback from injury, Huddersfield will set up 3-5-2 need to have wingers make runs beyond stretch their back 3. Hopefully don't lose the midfield battle can Stephens and Cousins match up to Hogg, Norward & Clayton. Huddersfield 1-0 up at half time end result 2-2.
  • Options

There will be at least one replay and one postponement.
  • Options
    Try and get this finished before the battery runs out on my kindle. I think it will be 1-0 to Huddersfield who will be at home to Everton in the 5th round. JD gets second place to Luisa after some dodgy betting scam in the far east and the lottery numbers for Saturday night ar
  • Options
    The udders team is getting younger every year but at the same time it is getting stronger. You can expect an extremely hard game and if we hit our game winning mentality at any point during the game, you are going to struggle to stay with us. Nowt against Charlton, and those few that make it out of E London can expect a warm welcome. You will have no bother from us, I promise you.
  • Options
    1-1 today, replay at The Valley with a win for the addicks........match thread from 2 pm
  • Options
    penchant said:

The udders team is getting younger every year but at the same time it is getting stronger. You can expect an extremely hard game and if we hit our game winning mentality at any point during the game, you are going to struggle to stay with us. Nowt against Charlton, and those few that make it out of E London can expect a warm welcome. You will have no bother from us, I promise you.

Thanks for your promise of friendship and harmony ... BUT ... if your team is as bad as your geography, we'll win 5-0 .. Charlton is in SOUTH EAST LONDON, south of the river Thames .. the clue is in the postcode SE7 .. and b t w .. I now live 'up north', as do quite a lot of Addicks .. have a nice day, but not too nice .. ((:>)
  • Options
    I think those going know what to expect as they go every month.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    penchant said:

The Huddersfield team are not world beaters yet, but we expect a hard game in every match we play and are rarely disapointed. We are quite adept at turning easy games into hard ones as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    They have a better team than us and we never get anything there. On that basis, Huddersfield win.
  • Options
    Fairly straightforward win for the home team, which might at least encourage our new owners to get on with strengthening the team for the much more important fight against relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Dizzle said:

AFKA you legend!

A legend who will never be able to set foot in 'uddersfield without being under the threat of death...I'd grow a beard if I were you Dan
  • Options
    anyone know where I can listen to the game without signing up to the player
  • Options
    magic1999 said:

This link should work at about 2.55

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25862997
  • Options
    Many buckets will have a look then
  • Options
    magic1999 said:

Even if you sign up to Player you still can't listen to the game.

• Options
    Just arrived at Udders. Wet, wild and windy...
  • Options
    Decent mention re Diego and his old man............

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25890275
  • Options

Dizzle said:

AFKA you legend!

A legend who will never be able to set foot in 'uddersfield without being under the threat of death...I'd grow a beard if I were you Dan
    Then he'd look like MCS

;o)
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

Be interesting to see if they start Vaughan on his comeback from injury, Huddersfield will set up 3-5-2 need to have wingers make runs beyond stretch their back 3. Hopefully don't lose the midfield battle can Stephens and Cousins match up to Hogg, Norward & Clayton. Huddersfield 1-0 up at half time end result 2-2.

I don't expect to see Cousins start.

CP said the other day he thought Cousins had looked a bit jaded lately, and that it was a good time to rest him now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hope their pitch is more waterproof than ours...floodlights on now too.