Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Marmite Thread

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25867613

Those crazy Canucks across the pond have banned the stuff. An outrageous infringement on our rights to eat yeast based muck for breakfast or saving children from a lifetime of gagging on the Devil's work?

Comments

• Seal clubbing and now this. I'm boycotting maple syrup now in protest.
  • Mmm...maple syrup. Might have to have a drizzle on my porridge this week now you've brought it up. Love the stuff.
  • Hate marmite so well done Canada!!
  • edited January 2014
    Does this apply to Twiglets?

If anybody can think of anything, at all, that Canada manufactures (except as some sort of outpost for the US) I'll go for some reciprocity. (Celine Dion and Justin Bieber are already banned from my house.)
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25867613

Seems the shop owner is claiming this but the Canadian Food Agency hasn't commented
  • CAFC fan, how about canadaian cheddar?
  • Seabrook Canadian ham crisps. All the way from, er, Bradford.
  • edited January 2014
    cafcfan said:

If anybody can think of anything, at all, that Canada manufactures (except as some sort of outpost for the US) I'll go for some reciprocity. (Celine Dion and Justin Bieber are already banned from my house.)

Steady on @cafcfan banning Celine Dion in person would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face :0)
  • cafcfan said:

I'd think about banning him from your car too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sod the Irn Brew, who can live without marmite? Cheese sandwiches wouldn't taste right without it!
  • Canadian work colleague just returned and brought in Maple Moose Crisps and they should definitely be banned
  • Sod the Irn Brew, who can live without marmite? Cheese sandwiches wouldn't taste right without it!

F**k 'em I say. They won't be able to enter my competitions.
  • Dont like either - so ok in my world.
  • Vegimite rules anyway
  • Not really a fan of the marmite motorway
  • Canada gave/gives us (amongst other 'things', places and people? Uranium, lots of wood, Jasper, Quebec, British Columbia, Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams, Rush and William Shatner .. as to Marmite .. I am a Vegemite man myself
  • Shouldn't we rename this The Marmite Spread?
  • I have my Citizenship test next week to become a Canadian - thinking of skipping it now. Love marmite....
  • Marmite, like liking dog shit off a battery and I ain't picky when it comes to grub! Ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• BIG_ROB said:

Marmite, like liking dog shit off a battery and I ain't picky when it comes to grub! Ffs

I am interested to know how you know this? Who's dog shit did you lick and how big was the battery? ;-)
  • BIG_ROB said:

Marmite, like liking dog shit off a battery and I ain't picky when it comes to grub! Ffs

I am interested to know how you know this? Who's dog shit did you lick and how big was the battery? ;-)
    My Humphreys for a bet, not sure whose the battery was though
  • always loved it, was brought up on it, regularly bathe in it and have recently started up an internet business selling batteries covered with dog shit to allow non-believers to experience the taste.
  • Thought this would be a Danny Green thread.