Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Take a bow Mr AFKA.

Andrew McDermott ‏@a_mcdermott 8m
Fans' website produces spoof Jim Davidson preview of #htafc v #cafc. @Examiner fails to get the joke: http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/you-cant-say-anything-nice-6557782

Celebrity Jim Davidson’s in the dog house for latest Huddersfield rant
24 Jan 2014 09:15

He is holed up in the Celebrity Big Brother House and was talking about his support for Charlton Athletic

Controversial comedian Jim Davidson has given his thoughts on Huddersfield – and they’re not particularly complimentary.

He is holed up in the Celebrity Big Brother House and was talking about his support for Charlton Athletic.

But his memories of trips up north, usually to a defeat in Huddersfield, are far from fond.

And he wasn’t happy to learn that Town are playing them in the FA Cup fourth round tomorrow afternoon at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Town have played Charlton twice at home this season, beating them 3-2 in the Capital One Cup in late August and then 2-1 in the Championship three weeks later.

He said on Big Brother: “Huddersfield, again? Blimey, we’ve played Huddersfield more times than I’ve played Buttons. (Oh no we haven’t, oh yes we have.)

Ex-Town striker Joe Harper describes Huddersfield as ‘hell on Earth’

“Thank God I’m locked up in ‘ere, I’d rather take an Ebdons coach trip to Outer Mongolia with my five mother-in-laws than face another trip to that place.

“Have they had central heating installed up there yet since I’ve been in the House?

“Anyway, the producer here tells me that they’ve only lost once at home since 9th November and have already beaten us twice there this season.

“What a depressing thought. Defeat at Huddersfield is a bit like a trip to the clap clinic.

“Admit it fellas, you have an acceptance it’s gonna happen at some stage in life, but three times in one season? Come on.”

Indeed, come on the Terriers, make it a miserable three-in-a-row for Jim.

Comments

• Ha, ha quality.
  • Just commented on that on Twitter. I hope Jim sees the joke.
  • think someone needs to give them a call, wouldn't want Jim to get grief over this.
  • Deary me, they're not the quickest up there are they?!

Worth reading the Joe Harper article that's linked halfway down The Examiner article, quite funny - "former Town striker describes Huddersfield as hell on earth!"
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    Unfortunately the Hudd Exams response reinforces the suvverners idea that all norveners are a lickle bit fick .. unless the piece was simply ironic .. this is doubtful
  • think someone needs to give them a call, wouldn't want Jim to get grief over this.

just to add, as you know one of his family is a regular poster on here. I had sent it to him in advance to check he was all ok with it all.

• I wonder if that will hinder his chances of winning? How many Huddersfield were voting for Jim? Oh well we'll have to vote twice!

Brilliant writing AFKA! It was quality!
  • Hope he doesn't get a punishment in the house for making outside contact, they might make him wear a Millwall shirt for a day.
  • haha. bloody brilliant. well done AFKA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bump:

C'mon guys....a round of applause for one of our leaders please.

just to add, as you know one of his family is a regular poster on here. I had sent it to him in advance to check he was all ok with it all.

Is that the same one who told us on here that his Dad was not going in the house?
  • It's the funniest thing I've ever read. Well done AFKA!!
  • Fair play to afka how he manages to write such good stuff whilst running charltonlife, working, raising a family and being warwick davies stunt double astounds me time for an mbe at least.

Yeah, but he probably wishes he called tails though and got first pick to choose the Bermuda gig
  • AFKA clearly put Huddersfield off their game !
  • cafcfred4 said:

It's the funniest thing I've ever read. Well done AFKA!!

Better not let your dad see you've said that Fred!! ;-)
  • Good god. Time for a meteor to end the human race
  • Fair play to afka how he manages to write such good stuff whilst running charltonlife, working, raising a family and being warwick davies stunt double astounds me time for an mbe at least.

Ouch, bit harsh on Warwick that, he ain't that short.