Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lizzy Yarnold's Dad a Charlton supporter?

Did anyone see BBC South East news tonight?

There was a feature on Lizzy Yarnold who will be representing GB in the skeleton event at the Winter Olympics after winning the World Cup series. Her parents were interviewed and her Dad was wearing a woolly hat with a Charlton badge. I think Lizzy is from West Kingsdown.

Comments

• Options
    That will please @Riviera
  • Options
    I have never heard of Lizzy Dripping or her Dad but come on he is a top, top bloke. I just love him and will support him and all his children in everything they do.
  • Options
    I saw it. Respect to Clive Yarnold (no idea what his daughter was doing, but good luck to her anyway).
  • Options
    Well done Lizzy - great win!
  • Options

Forget overpaid footballers, if ever there was role model for one of your children, there she is - Lizzie Yarnold.
    Mr and Mrs Yarnold , i salute you - you must be so proud.
    Absolutely fantastic.

agreed, my mother turned to me and said "this is proof women can do anything... including sliding head first at 90 mph!"
  • Options
    Totally brilliant, flicked over channels, to see this girl fly down and win gold,amazing!
  • Options
    Fantastic stuff just saw the news bulletin. Well done Lizzy.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She is a thoroughly impressive young lady and her family are suitably going batshitmental supporting her. Just like Gemma the Judo lady, has the right attitude and mental toughness.

Top stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Absolutely wonderful achievement' had a little bitty tear (of joy) when she flew over the line. Looks an interesting sport, might take it up: is there a weight limit d'you think?
  • Options
    we won the gold in this event last time didnt we ?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    March51 said:

Absolutely wonderful achievement' had a little bitty tear (of joy) when she flew over the line. Looks an interesting sport, might take it up: is there a weight limit d'you think?

Hurtling head first at 90+ mph on a tea tray? Must be an Addick fan to take up this sport as a distraction from the dire results on the pitch! ;-)

Seriously it's a real wonderful achievement!
  • Options

I think women are good at this event as there are no round abouts and they dont have to reverse !

And there's no-one else on the track.
  • Options
    First Jim Davidson now this.

It's our year.
  • Options
    Has she joined the Trust ? ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She should be the guest of honour at The Valley for the last home game of the season and we should do 'a Hartlepool' and all dress in red; white and blue lycra outfits for the day. She sounds like she's got a good sense of humour!
  • Options
    Well done Lizzie - my two youngest daughters here in Sevenoaks haven't stopped buzzing since this afternoon - and so good that your family supports the Addicks!
  • Options
    March51 said:

She should be the guest of honour at The Valley for the last home game of the season and we should do 'a Hartlepool' and all dress in red; white and blue lycra outfits for the day. She sounds like she's got a good sense of humour!

That'll be both her and the team going down hill fast then.

• Options
    March51 said:

With all due respect to my fellow CL'ers, Noooooooooo!
  • Options

we won the gold in this event last time didnt we ?

Yes and won medals in 2002 (somebody with a broken wrist no less) and in 2006.

Mini version of the cycling and rowing in the Summer Games - with a lot less facilities.

You just have to give them some credit for even trying out the sport TBF.

Only started 5 years ago.

• Options
    Lives in WK from Sevenoaks
  • Options
    Great stuff, congratulations
  • Options
    These things cone in threes, jim, lizzy........