Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to prioritise the cup?

When the Oxford game was postponed, someone published the prize money and it got me thinking... what if the Addicks reversed the trend and took it seriously? And why not now when, assuming we can get some wins in the league then the season will be over by end March.

So I've estimated the receipts and then put in the odds of winning each game starting with tomorrow. Starting with a one or two per cent chance of reaching the semi-final before we beat Oxford and going up to eight per cent if we win tomorrow, the semis suddenly look interesting. Especially when you add up the prize money, gate money and TV money for winning the 6th round but losing at Wembley ... £3M!

castrust.org/2014/01/time-to-prioritise-the-fa-cup/

Comments

• We could buy Izale McLeod three times with that money
  • Look if we're gonna steal it the best way to do it would be to.... Whoops just realised I mis-read the title
  • This thread makes me laugh, from start to finish...

Alternatively, we could all just put a few quid together next time there's a big rollover on the Euromillions and the tickets could be worth £100m!!!!!!
  • Huskaris said:

This thread makes me laugh, from start to finish...

Alternatively, we could all just put a few quid together next time there's a big rollover on the Euromillions and the tickets could be worth £100m!!!!!!

They might be worth that but still think chances of Charlton getting to the 5th or 6th round are a tad higher! And it could make the season more interesting

• winning every game should be a priority .. until the next game
  • Normally teams focus on the league, but this shows what the rewards are after the 4th round and just how much winning the sixth round can get you. We are in a bit of a unique position this year. Problem is Tuesday is a must win.
  • I would like to agree with you, but I still think we will have plenty to play for come May...........like our league status.
  • I would be much happier to prioritise the league.
  • winning every game should be a priority .. until the next game

I like that - its the only way.
    I suppose the point is a decent cup run pays for a decent striker and vice versa - a decent striker increases the chances of getting to the 5th round.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5th round here we come save the big teams for the semis.. :)
  • No, we are in deep shit in the league, couldn't care about the cup it's league wins we need - is this new owner for real? We need a couple of signings for god sake, whats taking so long? Is it Powell cannot attract any quality? 20 Million to buy a club to let it slip into league one bizarre if you ask me.