Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could I make it?

I will be arriving at heathrow at 3.45pm on Tuesday 28th.

Do you think I could make it to our crunch clash with donny by kick off time? Public transport only.

Comments

• So your holiday starts from 27th/28th? I envy you!
  • Yes but it will be very tight. If you get a train straight from the airport to paddington, then a circle line eastbound tube to kings cross/st pancreas can get a train at 17:19 which will get you into Donny 40 odd mins before kick-off so quick taxi from the station to the ground.

• You'll be lucky if your bags have arrived by then and don't even think about clearing immigration (sorry, the UK border agency paramilitary go- slow zone).

(Expensive flight two days before Lunar New Year)
  • nah... cheap flight... everyone is going home, not going away

@jessie... i started on jan 17th :)
  • AddickRam said:

Yes but it will be very tight. If you get a train straight from the airport to paddington, then a circle line eastbound tube to kings cross/st pancreas can get a train at 17:19 which will get you into Donny 40 odd mins before kick-off so quick taxi from the station to the ground.

thx for help.

17.19 train is last one to get me there on time, eh?

how long do you estimate for circle line leg of trip?

heathrow to paddington is 20 mins, right?

much will indeed depend on border control... maybe i can bustle to the front insisting that I MUST MAKE KICK OFF!
  • I may have just been lucky, but I have found people surprisingly accommodating when I have been in similar situations and explained that I am in a rush to make it to a football match in time for kick off. Best of luck!
  • Do let us know if you make it or not. Good luck.
  • Hire the cheapest smallest car you can get a the airport. Should be about 50 quid. Probably end up as cheap as all the fares, puts you in control and gives you somewhere to keep your suitcase when you're at the footy. Simples. Heathrow to Doncaster is 3 hours 10 mins according to my satnav. Very tight and no margin for traffic incidents but you'd make the second half at least!!!! Good luck.
  • edited January 2014
    Tfl site route planner times it from terminals 1-3 at 35-40 minutes and the other two at 45-60 to Kings Cross.

Getting through customs seems to take a lot longer now, holdup waiting to get off the plane anyway and the trek, waiting for cases.. Do yourself a favour and like everyone else, swerve the game.
  • No chance by train, you have to piss about with too many changes.

If you pre-book a hire car AND just have carry-on bags so no waiting for bags then you should be driving by 4.45pm - you'd probably arrive during first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't do too much planning Siv, you do realise that an on the day train fare to Doncaster will be more than your flight back from China !!
  • haha....

some good comments here.

hire car sounds best plan, but i have no license

anyone interested in driving if i hire the car and pay the petrol?

i will arrive with hand luggage only, so that speeds me up