Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petition for Grass Roots Football

A friend of mine sent me this e-mail. " My plumber who is fitting our new bathroom works in grassroots football and is dismayed by the decline of numbers and funding for football for kids, made worse by Government cuts to local authorities.

He has asked me to try to drum up support for this petition which asks the government to get the greedy bastards Premier League to donate more of their money to the grassroots.

Please support by signing!"

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46134

It just takes afew minutes by following the link.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I thought this was a post to sign a petition to get our pitch sorted out. Signed it AA.
  • Options
    Signed it. I read recently that the Premier League has decreased its contribution to grass-roots football as a percentage of its income.
  • Options

Staggering decline in the numbers playing 11 a side of the last 20 years, in the region of 33%.
  • Options
    Signed, I was involved in adults and boys football for over 30 years.
  • Options

Staggering decline in the numbers playing 11 a side of the last 20 years, in the region of 33%.

It's so expensive now though. Pitches are about £100 a game. Referee's £35 a game (£65 if you have proper linesman).

Kit, first aid, fines for bookings etc. It's not cheap.