Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird Reactions to drink

If I'm out having a drink and don't line my stomach with a beer or two before I have a vodka or any other drink, I break out in this blotchy redness on my face and feel quite weak and tired.

I don't suppose anyone on here suffers with anything like that? It's an absolute pain in the arse and pretty embarrassing

Comments

• Options

It's called being a lightweight ;-)

Knew it would be something like that when I saw you comment, shouldn't you be watching big brothers bit on the side?!
    Haha
    I can drink anything once I've had a beer or two but never without
  • Options
    From experience I can tell you that as long as the blotchy redness stays on your face, your doing well.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

If I'm out having a drink and don't line my stomach with a beer or two before I have a vodka or any other drink, I break out in this blotchy redness on my face and feel quite weak and tired.

I don't suppose anyone on here suffers with anything like that? It's an absolute pain in the arse and pretty embarrassing

I would have thougt it would be a pain in the face, more than the arse?

But seriously - do you have asian relatives? Asian flush is extremely common in orientals - who lack the ability to metablise alcohol with the same speed as westerners.

Failing that, it's either an allergic reaction to the spirit (alcohol is poison, after all) or simply that you dehydrate quickly - this could be genetic, or because you eat a diet high in salt, or because you don't drink enough water, or any number of things. Beer itself will dehydrate you - so why not try drinking a pint of water before you go out on the piss? I drink a glass of water as often as I can when I'm drinking alcohol. Makes a massive difference to the next morning's hangover (especially for an old git like me)
  • Options
    Nope no blood relations to any Asians.

I don't really drink water when I'm drinking as I always throw up if I do, absolute mate.

I'm assuming it's an allergic reaction but just find it weird that it doesn't happen when I've had a beer.

In a bar at a hotel with my mrs at the moment, sat here red faced looking like a complete bellend
  • Options

I don't really drink water when I'm drinking as I always throw up if I do, absolute mate.

I'm assuming it's an allergic reaction but just find it weird that it doesn't happen when I've had a beer.

In a bar at a hotel with my mrs at the moment, sat here red faced looking like a complete bellend

Started happening to me recently when I drink alcohol weather I eat or not, went doctors because when I drink a lot it goes all over my body , doctor said I'm basically allergic to beer, obviously I'm not gonna stop so when ever I drink now just have allergy tablets.
    And it normally happends when Iv been drinking for a couple days on the trot.
  • Options

Are you sure it doesn't happen when you have a beer too but you're just too pissed to notice !
  • Options

Tell her to put her clothes back on then.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha
  • Options
    I don't get the tiredness, but any alcohol makes me go all blotchy and red in the face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Try googling aldehyde dehydrogenase deficiency.
  • Options
    Seeing as Leroy brought it up, I went to college with a Chinese guy. After about three cans of Skol he'd go a scarlet colour and just be kinda wasted. Used to freak me out a bit, truth be told.
  • Options

...I don't really drink water when I'm drinking as I always throw up if I do...

Why wasn't this your opening post?
  • Options
    I use to drink with a fair few sikh blokes of all ages and I'd notice this with some if these, the red faced thing. In fact one, who did have a bit of a drink problem, was always red faced whenever I see him. Even in the morning (Which was a bit concerning as he was going of to work as a crane driver)
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I use to drink with a fair few sikh blokes of all ages and I'd notice this with some if these, the red faced thing. In fact one, who did have a bit of a drink problem, was always red faced whenever I see him. Even in the morning (Which was a bit concerning as he was going of to work as a crane driver)

Those Gravesend Sikh chaps certainly enjoy a beer.
  • Options
    Good people, will be spending a night in The Peacock catching up with them when I'm back mid Feb
  • Options
    I'm allergic to booze I think, whenever I drink a load I get a headache and feel sick the next day.
  • Options
    Happens to my brother when he drinks too fast!!!!!!
  • Options
    One beer makes my face go red.....same with wine.
  • Options
    I sometimes have a pint or a glass of wine and it goes to my head but other times it takes me about 3 pints before I feel a difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I sometimes have a pint or a glass of wine and it goes to my head

A pint of wine would do that for most people mate.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I often open a beer, and then wake up next to whale!
  • Options
    Absinthe...goes without saying really. Had a shot last night and I swear my mate had three eyes afterwards.
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

Started happening to me recently when I drink alcohol weather I eat or not, went doctors because when I drink a lot it goes all over my body , doctor said I'm basically allergic to beer, obviously I'm not gonna stop so when ever I drink now just have allergy tablets.
    And it normally happends when Iv been drinking for a couple days on the trot.
    Why 'obviously I'm not gonna stop', are you that addicted to beer that your health comes second? I'd be a bit more worried if I was you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014