Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Apparently he's since been sacked by the club. He'd been their captain for.3 years since they signed him - strong centre back.
  • Options
    It's coincidentally the 19th anniversary of Eric Cantona doing something similar at that horrible ground in Croydon.
  • Options
    No doubt he will regret it, He just lost the plot for a minute but as the fans said at the end you cant do that mate LOL
  • Options
    But should fans be able to give him the shit they did?
    Why does standing on a football terrace give you the right to abuse others?
    It is Matthew Symonds all over again, 19 years to the day.
    Live by the sword....

• Options
    Was he going for his own teams fan ?
  • Options
    No their twitter feed says it was the Coalville fans
  • Options
    Nutter he properly had seen red mist
  • Options
    Typical yoof as when he broke free they all backed away, brave when they are anonymous but lack the balls to back up their bile.

The footballer is obviously a tad nuts though.
  • Options
    They way he threw a punch they hardly had anything to worry about.
  • Options
    Embarrassing for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They way he threw a punch they hardly had anything to worry about.

This, a 58 second clip and only one "girlie" punch thrown?
  • Options
    We passed a carload of Coalville fans on the M1 yesterday.
  • Options
    I like the way he ran up the terrace. No problem getting past the first barrier. Didn't even try to pass the second one to get to his target, and threw a rubbish punch. Some excellent 'hold me back, hold me back' action too.
  • Options
    Even funnier is that Goole's assistant manger is pro boxer and former Birmingham and Sheffield United defender Curtis Woodhouse.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Live by the sword....

Yeah they should, because it's what fans do, and footballers play football, it's been that way for well over a 100 years pal.

• Options
    Why was he sent-off ?
  • Options
    Darren Pitcher....
  • Options

Why was he sent-off ?

Bad tackle and was a red apparently, as he walked off the Coalville fans were just jeering him, Nothing unusual here then but we can all see that he totally lost it and embarrassed himself in the biggest way possible, no doubt he'll be the laughing stock for years to come.

Fair play to Goole though for sacking him.
  • Options

Why was he sent-off ?

Bad tackle and was a red apparently, as he walked off the Coalville fans were just jeering him, Nothing unusual here then but we can all see that he totally lost it and embarrassed himself in the biggest way possible, no doubt he'll be the laughing stock for years to come.

How'd you know it was just jeering? Were you there next to bloke? And seeing as he's going after one person seems more likely that person said something specific. He shouldn't have reacted that way but at the same time if you can't take a reaction and have to run and hide, don't give it in the first place. And as most fans seem to be very precious about being responded to and are just cowards hiding in a pack just shows how pathetic they are.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Danny Green hasn't done this to some of our fans yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Live by the sword....

Yeah they should, because it's what fans do, and footballers play football, it's been that way for well over a 100 years pal.

So because it's happened for many years, it's ok? Is that a generic rule you believe in or just in the case of football? For a hundred years people have been abusive, therefore I have the right to call another man any name I want, say anything I can think of about him and his family, because he's kicking a ball. Got it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I remember a game down at Park View Road in the mid 80's between Welling and Fisher, where the Fisher Keeper was taking a load of verbal abuse. He decided at the end of the game that he was going to take matters into his own hands and jumped over the barrier at the Road end to take on allcomers
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I remember a game down at Park View Road in the mid 80's between Welling and Fisher, where the Fisher Keeper was taking a load of verbal abuse. He decided at the end of the game that he was going to take matters into his own hands and jumped over the barrier at the Road end to take on all-comers

And? You can't finish a story like that.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Why was he sent-off ?

How'd you know it was just jeering? Were you there next to bloke? And seeing as he's going after one person seems more likely that person said something specific. He shouldn't have reacted that way but at the same time if you can't take a reaction and have to run and hide, don't give it in the first place. And as most fans seem to be very precious about being responded to and are just cowards hiding in a pack just shows how pathetic they are.
    It was on our local news yesterday and was even backed up by some Goole fans, they said that the Coalville fans were waving at him and telling him to get off the pitch because of the way he reacted with the other Coalville players, moments before this he was having an altercation with their players after a bad tackle.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Riviera said:

Live by the sword....

So because it's happened for many years, it's ok? Is that a generic rule you believe in or just in the case of football? For a hundred years people have been abusive, therefore I have the right to call another man any name I want, say anything I can think of about him and his family, because he's kicking a ball. Got it.
    Not saying it's okay though, but football fans will be football fans, that's just the way it is I'm afraid, footballers know this and if I was a footballer would I steam into the stands to attack some fans? ermm no... I don't think I would really, I'd try and shut them up like most 'professional' footballers do on the pitch.

Regardless of what was going off in the stands, you just can't do that.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Why was he sent-off ?

It was on our local news yesterday and was even backed up by some Goole fans, they said that the Coalville fans were waving at him and telling him to get off the pitch because of the way he reacted with the other Coalville players, moments before this he was having an altercation with their players after a bad tackle.
    I can picture it now. Football fans waving and saying "sir, please desist in your behaviour. You have been dismissed and must vacate the field of play dear chap". It's a common scenario at grounds up n down the country. I'm sure nothing else was said, silly me.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Why was he sent-off ?

I can picture it now. Football fans waving and saying "sir, please desist in your behaviour. You have been dismissed and must vacate the field of play dear chap". It's a common scenario at grounds up n down the country. I'm sure nothing else was said, silly me.
    Something like that.

• Options
    Completely pointless reaction though.

The blokes got the sack for walking into a stand. He managed to get under that first barrier ok, but that second one he thought was really difficult so decided to throw a punch at someone 6 foot behind it.

If someone had said something that bad then he would have steamed right into them. instead he made himself look like a right plum.