Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Gray

Noticed he is back on the box after all these years with BBC Sport. S

Comments

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Noticed he is back on the box after all these years with BBC Sport. S

Wasn't he on ITV?
  • Options
    Are we talking about ex Sky pundit Andy Gray? Him and Keys have been working Al Jazeera (sp?) I believe.
  • Options
    Was commentator for the Everton game on BT Sports, Almost switched the commentary off listening to him, Has to be up there with Andy Townsend for worst commentator
  • Options
    Horrible man. So is he freelancing for BBC and BT Sports? Very surprising.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Was commentator for the Everton game on BT Sports, Almost switched the commentary off listening to him, Has to be up there with Andy Townsend for worst commentator

Which of the three Andy Grays are you talking about? If you mean the ex-Wolves and Everton striker then I must disagree. Firstly he is not a commentator, he is an expert analyst, secondly he is probably the best analyst and reader of a game that I have ever heard in football. Ok he may be a sleaze-ball but he knows what he is talking about.
  • Options
    I don't know what BBC Sport. S is? But I heard him as co-commentator on BT sport this afternoon? No time for his idiotic sexist comments, but I think he's a lot less biased than some other commentators can be paulie? But it's all about opinions, as we say... :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BBC Sport South I guess he means living in Maidstone. Maybe it was just a clip on the news using the BT footage?
  • Options
    He was definitely doing the commentary in BT Sport for the Everton game. I actually think he's a very good analyst and have missed his insight although that's not a recommendation of his character.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Andy Gray & Richard Keys present Premiership football on Al Jazeera Sports. They have their own show on every Saturday, Sunday & Monday evening covering all the games live. As today was FA Cup day, they obviously had a day off.
  • Options
    I always thought he was a good analyst on Sky although Keys would have made a chimpanzee with an abacus look like Einstein.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to him on BT sport was a welcome relief from the droning prattle of Michael Owen
    Gray was like silk compared to that bore
  • Options

I always thought he was a good analyst on Sky although Keys would have made a chimpanzee with an abacus look like Einstein.

Looking at his hairy hands, I thought Keys WAS the chimpanzee with the abacus! ;-)
  • Options
    the ITV clips of the Everton game last night included him
  • Options
    I saw Gray and Peter Reid on a packed tube going to Wembley for England v Italy circa 1997. Someone asked Gray about Keys and he said "he's got rocks in his head".
  • Options

Andy Gray & Richard Keys present Premiership football on Al Jazeera Sports. They have their own show on every Saturday, Sunday & Monday evening covering all the games live. As today was FA Cup day, they obviously had a day off.

Yep. They also do Friday evening on Talksport live from Doha. They like to call it 'Talksport International'!

• Options
    Have a feeling Sky have held a few videos back until he pops up on a rival network.
  • Options

Have a feeling Sky have held a few videos back until he pops up on a rival network.

So, so cynical.

And yet so correct.
  • Options
    Goodness me, I thought we'd signed him again for a minute then.

I had a nightmare vision of him and Churchy up front.
  • Options
    Great scoop for the Football Ramble that. Their podcast is amazing well worth a listen. Was taking the piss out of Keys in the latest one before this came out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's better than Owen by a squillion miles
    Can't someone find some lewd comments by Owen on camera please
  • Options
    Own goal by ITV hiring that misogynist halfwit
    as if we didn't have enough reasons to watch itv coverage with the sound mute
    nobody watches BT and even fewer watch al jazzy...
  • Options
    What a leering rapey bell end. Him and his sneering hairy side kick are everything shit and mediocre about sports journalism, Knows jack shit about non premiership football and a vile person to boot. Why does he keep getting employed.