Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Excitement

All day long I would swap todays result with a win on Tuesday night.

With a run in the FA Cup it briings league matches called off, with that brings games-in-hand and pressure to win.

Today being an example of us dropping in the bottom three.

WIN ON TUESDAY CHARLTON.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    But it also brings evening games which I prefer.
    Hope we get to the final on that basis.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Despite the stick this guy has given me on here(Comparing every comment I make to snooker in some way) I have to agree with him nothing I like better than a Tuesday night at The Valley under the floodlights
  • Options
    This guy!
    Lol!

Well Paulie, you made your debut on here talking about snooker. It's all good humoured mate.
    While you're here why don't they say Four-Away in snooker anymore?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

This guy!
    Lol!

Well Paulie, you made your debut on here talking about snooker. It's all good humoured mate.
    While you're here why don't they say Four-Away in snooker anymore?

Lol dont worry I no its all good humored
    and I can honestly say I have never heard the term Four-Away before lol
  • Options
    Watch some Pot Black videos from the 70's Paulie, when snooker was snooker. If someone fouled the call was Four-Away, rather than Foul, four Ronnie O'Sullivan...
  • Options
    Jimmy White doing his best impersonation of Les McQueen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwCA64xOTU
  • Options
    Wow!
    Knowles, White, Stevens and the legendary Alex "Hurricane" Higgins.

That is snooker royalty. I guess my new mate Paulie has only seen Jimmy play from that group of legends.

Imagine Alex and Ronnie playing in a final trying to out do each other! Heaven!
  • Options
    Of course I have only seen Jimmy White but seen re-runs of the others many a time

Kirk Stephens retired in 93
    Higgins and Knowles retired in 97
    White still plays
    I was born in 90
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I was born in 90

On the 8th February?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I was born in 90

On the 8th February?
    Lol amazingly yes(nice home game on my birthday this year)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Despite the stick this guy has given me on here(Comparing every comment I make to snooker in some way) I have to agree with him nothing I like better than a Tuesday night at The Valley under the floodlights

friday nights were even better.
  • Options
    Wow, this thread is simply awash with FA Cup excitement.
  • Options

All day long I would swap todays result with a win on Tuesday night.

With a run in the FA Cup it briings leaguers matches called off, with that brings games-in-hand and pressure to win.

Today being an example of us dropping in the bottom three.

WIN ON TUESDAY CHARLTON.

This
  • Options
    I think our record in tuesday night games over the last season and a half in the championship must be better than our saturday record so on that basis keep winning in the fa cup.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Wow, this thread is simply awash with FA Cup excitement.

And what's wrong with the FA cup of snooker?
  • Options
    Love the FA Cup - success in it doesn't automatically mean failure in the League. The financial rewards are not to be sniffed at.

Long may we run.
  • Options
    Really can't wait for the draw, feel like a kid again
  • Options

Riviera said:

Friday nights in the mid 1970's...........................Hales always good for a couple, Flanagan, Paddy, Jimmy Giles, little Ritchie Bowman, Captain KP. Great nights, great players. Not forgetting Big Graham Tutt, what a wonderful career he should have had.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I hate the league is our bread and butter bollocks. Cup fever has gripped South London, well only one part of it! ;-) When has winning at Huddersfield ever generated as much excitement? December '99?
  • Options
    A draw at Donny would also be a good result. 1 point behind, we get out of bottom 3 (Wall creep in hopefully) and Bolton and Blakpool with tough away games - and still 2 games in hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Of course I have only seen Jimmy White but seen re-runs of the others many a time

I've seen Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry play, but not at snooker. It was golf. I caddied for Stephen Hendry in about 1988 in a local tournament held each year before the Crucible games started. Stephen was a miserable sod, never smiled all the way round, as he was so competitive. Jimmy on the other hand was a constant round of gags. Mind you he had his hand in his golf bag pulling out miniature bottles of vodka every few holes, lol. A great day i will always remember. I'd wagged it from school with my mates to earn a few quid, then low and behold, on the evening local news, there'se me stood at the edge of the green with a bag twice my size. My dad took a dim view of the occasion!!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Friday nights in the mid 1970's...........................Hales always good for a couple, Flanagan, Paddy, Jimmy Giles, little Ritchie Bowman, Captain KP. Great nights, great players. Not forgetting Big Graham Tutt, what a wonderful career he should have had.

Great days
  • Options
    What about the fa cup bollocks
    Me included
    If we get Wigan away be lucky to get a 1000 up there
    We get Liverpool away we will be moaning 15000 tickets is not enough
  • Options
    Riviera and Paulie must've got a room then
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Me included

We will be lucky to get 382 at Wigan.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Me included

We will be lucky to get 382 at Wigan.
    League or Cup ?
    {I remember not being able to to get a Cup ticket for Bolton Away, but little while later I was 1 of 347 people in the away end at the Reeboc).

• Options
    Numbers said:

Riviera and Paulie must've got a room then

I wonder who got their four away first
  • Options
    'Wall' . Its like calling arsenal 'the arsenal' straight red.

I cant bloody wait for this draw. I reckon we will get hull at home.
  • Options
    Wednesday!