Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster away roll call

Comments

• Options

I'm going thanks to ElfsborgAddick sorting out a train ticket for me.

Mine's a stella Jim!
  • Options
    I'll be there, train up and coach home.
  • Options

I'm going thanks to ElfsborgAddick sorting out a train ticket for me.

Mine's a stella Jim!
    Thought his name was Amos?!?

*scratches head*
  • Options
    In. My first away game since Bristol City in Nov 2012. I only choose to go to new grounds these days, so well up for it. Actually bit the bullet, coz don't like the idea of taking 2 days off work, but I've had so many new grounds over the past few years been put on a Tuesday night, that I didn't want to pass this one up. I've got this and the mighty Leicester.....going on the coach....can't wait
  • Options
    We are getting up there at about 12.30 and embarking upon a cultural and beer tasting tour of Donny, with an overnight in the Premier Inn (£29 for a twin room, whilst stocks last). As to culture, I'm not encouraged by the fact that the Mecca Bingo Hall makes it into the list of the town's list of attractions, although there's a place called Cusworth Hall about two miles out of town which sounds reasonably interesting and we'll also probably pop briefly into the local Museum and Art Gallery ( which is also free).

Looking at entries in The Good Beer Guide, The Good Pub Guide and the Beer In The Evening website, there do seem to be some decent pubs in town, although I've only been up to Doncaster once briefly on business and haven't sampled any of them myself. The Plough (also a heritage pub), is highly rated, as is Tut'n'Shrive, which is next door to it on West Laith Gate - both are about 150 yards from the railway station. We'll certainly try those two, as well as the Corner Pin. Others in the Good Beer Guide include Cask Corner, The Salutation and the White Swan, all of which are also in DN1. I don't fancy drinking in the Lakeside Beefeater near the ground or the Belle Vue Bar at the Keepmoat (likely to be rammed), so we'll probably hop in a mini cab or leave time to walk the two miles or so from the town centre.

The game itself is the definitive six pointer, so let's hope our players are really up for it, as well as showing the necessary composure at key moments (not least in front of goal).
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me ticket prices, and I take it they can be purchased on the night?
    Thank you
  • Options
    After they enjoyed Saturdays game have persuaded Mrs DA and daughter to come along again which makes three of us + one Charlton fan in waiting, who am determined will emerge from the womb singing Valley Floyd Road!
  • Options

Can anyone tell me ticket prices, and I take it they can be purchased on the night?
    Thank you

think the answer to that is £23 and yes

congratulations to @donnyaddick
  • Options
    I'm in. Not far from Newcastle uni
  • Options
    3 of us 1 car
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm going.
  • Options
    Il be heading across from Shropshire
  • Options
    Mines a no go, can't get the day off
  • Options
    Blucher said:

We are getting up there at about 12.30 and embarking upon a cultural and beer tasting tour of Donny, with an overnight in the Premier Inn (£29 for a twin room, whilst stocks last). As to culture, I'm not encouraged by the fact that the Mecca Bingo Hall makes it into the list of the town's list of attractions, although there's a place called Cusworth Hall about two miles out of town which sounds reasonably interesting and we'll also probably pop briefly into the local Museum and Art Gallery ( which is also free).

Looking at entries in The Good Beer Guide, The Good Pub Guide and the Beer In The Evening website, there do seem to be some decent pubs in town, although I've only been up to Doncaster once briefly on business and haven't sampled any of them myself. The Plough (also a heritage pub), is highly rated, as is Tut'n'Shrive, which is next door to it on West Laith Gate - both are about 150 yards from the railway station. We'll certainly try those two, as well as the Corner Pin. Others in the Good Beer Guide include Cask Corner, The Salutation and the White Swan, all of which are also in DN1. I don't fancy drinking in the Lakeside Beefeater near the ground or the Belle Vue Bar at the Keepmoat (likely to be rammed), so we'll probably hop in a mini cab or leave time to walk the two miles or so from the town centre.

The game itself is the definitive six pointer, so let's hope our players are really up for it, as well as showing the necessary composure at key moments (not least in front of goal).

Highly recommend Tut 'n' Shive as best pub in town. Cusworth Hall is worth a visit mainly for the views if its a nice day but there isn't a lot to see in the building itself. Donny itself is a bit of a cultural wasteland, though the Minster is worth a visit and there is a pleasant nature reserve in Bentley, built on where the pit used to be.
  • Options
    Thanks, Donnyaddick - as the weather looks a bit iffy, we may give Cusworth a miss, especially if the buses back aren't that regular. We'll probably stick to the Minster and the Museum.

Do you know if there is a decent pub in town that is likely to stay open until 12 ? Given that we're staying over, that would be useful for a post-match noggin (hopefully of a celebratory nature).
  • Options

4 NWKers driving up

Did anyone else read this as 4 w*nkers driving up?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Thanks, Donnyaddick - as the weather looks a bit iffy, we may give Cusworth a miss, especially if the buses back aren't that regular. We'll probably stick to the Minster and the Museum.

Do you know if there is a decent pub in town that is likely to stay open until 12 ? Given that we're staying over, that would be useful for a post-match noggin (hopefully of a celebratory nature).

Can be a bit weird in town after football, but found this link http://www.visitdoncaster.co.uk/wining_and_dining/Clubs/clubs_and_late_bars.asp. The pubs round the market tend to stay open late too - they are a bit spit and sawdust but friendly and the beer is good.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot. I've done a bit of further digging and it appears that Cask Corner stays open a bit later as well. Will find somewhere, I'm sure.
  • Options
    CAFC say they still have some coach spaces spare if anyone fancies, £22 return - 0871 226 1905
  • Options
    Big support needed for Yann tomorrow night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did fancy it tmr, rang the club for just a return journey home on the coach and they wanted full price. Couldn't get out of work in time so I was going to jump on the train up and coach back but yet again the club don't make allowances.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Looking at entries in The Good Beer Guide, The Good Pub Guide and the Beer In The Evening website, there do seem to be some decent pubs in town, although I've only
    been up to Doncaster once briefly on business and haven't sampled any of them myself. The Plough (also a heritage pub), is highly rated, as is Tut'n'Shrive, which is next door to it on West Laith Gate - both are about 150 yards from the railway station.
    We'll certainly try those two, as well as the Corner Pin. Others in the Good Beer Guide include Cask Corner, The Salutation and the White Swan, all of which are also in DN1. I don't fancy drinking in the Lakeside Beefeater near the ground or the Belle Vue Bar at the Keepmoat (likely to be rammed), so we'll probably hop in a mini cab or leave time to walk the two miles or so from the town centre.

Cask Corner. Go there and try a pint of all the ales they have on tap and you won't have the time or the inclination to visit any other attractions. Great place for beer lovers and not too far from the station.
  • Options

4 NWKers driving up

Every. Bloody. Time.!!
  • Options

4 NWKers driving up

I only do this to get your attention, guys !

• Options
    Yup - Not a bad drive from Chesterfield
  • Options
    4 of us traveling up, with the drum in the boot big game, get behind the boys..FOLLOW BELIEVE
  • Options

4 of us traveling up, with the drum in the boot big game, get behind the boys..FOLLOW BELIEVE

Looking forward to hearing it loud & proud tomorrow night, mate

• Options
    Anyone know how easy it is to get from the station to the ground?
  • Options
    To all those going tonight:
    Take your boots with you, if we are selling everybody you might be needed on the pitch.
  • Options
    buses laid on from station to ground bus station next to station