Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Weds

A team we have played many times over the years in various cup and league games.

I remember in the 70's cup game and fair play they came in numbers and also when we played them in the cup at theirs about 8 years ago.

They seem to be one of them clubs we either like or hate them?

Comments

• Options
    Excellent yet another wendies thread. Miss Piggy must be epileptic by now.
  • Options
    Don't remember the 70s
    We surprised them 8 years ago though and they didn't like it.
    Always liked and admired their impressive away support and love Hillsborough.
    Lost a lot of respect when they were picking off innocents in the League 1 game a couple of years back up there though. Bullies.
  • Options
    Not nice people. Nice ground though, even if it is in a horrible area.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Don't remember the 70s
    We surprised them 8 years ago though and they didn't like it.
    Always liked and admired their impressive away support and love Hillsborough.
    Lost a lot of respect when they were picking off innocents in the League 1 game a couple of years back up there though. Bullies.

Not nice people. Nice ground though, even if it is in a horrible area.

Don't be put off by some arseholes bullies mate, every club has them even you i would have thought.

Sheffield people are decent, trust me.

• Options

Dunno, but I don't mind.

• Options
    BBC4 TV Tonight .... Sheffield .. City of Steel .. as opposed to Charlton .. village of the Valiants
  • Options
    Sorry lost all respect for massive fans after they were picking on and
    Taking the piss out of some Charlton fans with learning difficulties on the train,the mugs
  • Options
    My best mate is a wednesayite. Went to Cardiff L1 final with him a while back and have to say they had top support.

Fixture has added spice for me cos of my mate and also our recent L1 meetings. All good fun tho in my eyes although not good to hear that train story.. might be a cliche but every club has them including ours.
  • Options
    Two of my best mates are swedes, both Wednesday fans.
    Always like Wednesday, not too keen on the city but the ground is one of the best in the country.
    Hopefully the New Barrack Tavern will not be so busy this time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @operationpig Did you play your first team yesterday or was it a mixture and can Conor Wickham play?
  • Options

Always like Wednesday, not too keen on the city but the ground is one of the best in the country.

Real ale fan?

• Options
    Nicholas said:

@operationpig Did you play your first team yesterday or was it a mixture and can Conor Wickham play?

We played a reasonably strong side but had a few key players missing, we were down to 10 men for most of the second half after getting another bad decision from the ref.

Wickham, still ongoing.

• Options

Real ale fan?

They are, I prefer the fizzy stuff. Bottle of Duvel please barman!
  • Options
    NBT, Kelam Island Tavern and Fat Cat which is just across the road from the Tav are fantastic mate, although the NBT is much nearer the ground.
    http://www.kelhamtavern.co.uk/
  • Options

NBT, Kelam Island Tavern and Fat Cat which is just across the road from the Tav are fantastic mate, although the NBT is much nearer the ground.

Good website, bit of a hike from the ground it seems, brisk 25 minutes?
  • Options

Taxi would be 15 mins tops ,but don't leave it till 2.30.
  • Options

Have to be the NBT then. Probably the best boozer on the 'away' circuit
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Agree, but not as good as the Cat or Tav, but cuts out the taxis etc, if you can though, try the Kelham Island sometime, award winning boozer mate.

• Options

Agree, but not as good as the Cat or Tav, but cuts out the taxis etc, if you can though, try the Kelham Island sometime, award winning boozer mate.

Will bear in mind for future, thanks for the heads up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Question for you Mr Operationpig; where is Sheffield, Meadowhall Interchange in relation to your ground? Ta.
  • Options

Question for you Mr Operationpig; where is Sheffield, Meadowhall Interchange in relation to your ground? Ta.

You can get a tram straight to the ground from there. Takes around half hour
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

You can get a tram straight to the ground from there. Takes around half hour
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Meadowhall is about 4 - 5 miles away, but you can get a tram straight to Hillsborough (Yellow line I think to Malin Bridge)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Will there be special 5th round scarves Piggy, half blue and half red, massive one side and Addicks on the other for sale? ..........Hmmmmm, thought not, no other teams exist on this planet, silly me :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Will there be special 5th round scarves Piggy, half blue and half red, massive one side and Addicks on the othe for salad? ..........Hmmmmm, thought not, no other teams exist on this planet, silly me :0)

RednBlue? you serious?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Very winnable route to the quarters - Wednesday will probably be feeling the same though. More confident getting the result there away than at home strangely, and knowing our team. Bring it on!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

RedChaser said:

Will there be special 5th round scarves Piggy, half blue and half red, massive one side and Addicks on the othe for salad? ..........Hmmmmm, thought not, no other teams exist on this planet, silly me :0)

RednBlue? you serious?

Let it go mate we can't help being the same colours of your neighbours and don't forget the Neanderthals up the road from us play in blue :-)

• Options
    Wickham been recalled so he's out of the cup team...
  • Options
    What will our allocation be?

Assume we get the whole of the Leppings Lane end plus that corner if we want it?

How many is that?