Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any signings that arent from liege?

Are we just going to pull a watford and sign half the liege team or are we actually going to make some convincing signings that will help our campagin?

Comments

• Options
    Loic Nego from Ujpest.
  • Options
    just seen that post directly after i created this post lol
  • Options
    Is there any truth in the simeon Jackson link or is it paper talk.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Are we just going to pull a watford and sign half the liege team or are we actually going to make some convincing signings that will help our campagin?

or from the 'RD Stable' .. it's rather worrying so far as I'm concerned .. on the other hand if the signees are long term 'real Charlton' players that's OK .. if on the other hand the idea is that CAFC is a proving ground for SL players or a stepping stone to selling promising youngsters on to richer English clubs .. as you say @skippy .. a poor man's Watford with the potential pitfalls that have befallen that club this season, then, in that case it aint so kosher
  • Options

or from the 'RD Stable' .. it's rather worrying so far as I'm concerned .. on the other hand if the signees are long term 'real Charlton' players that's OK .. if on the other hand the idea is that CAFC is a proving ground for SL players or a stepping stone to selling promising youngsters on to richer English clubs .. as you say .. a poor man's Watford
    with the potential pitfalls that have befallen that club this season
    The guy who has bought us is the 18th richest person in Belgium - these signings are realistic for that wealth. This 'ain't no Russian Oligarch.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

or from the 'RD Stable' .. it's rather worrying so far as I'm concerned .. on the other hand if the signees are long term 'real Charlton' players that's OK .. if on the other hand the idea is that CAFC is a proving ground for SL players or a stepping stone to selling promising youngsters on to richer English clubs .. as you say .. a poor man's Watford
    The guy who has bought us is the 18th richest person in Belgium - these signings are realistic for that wealth. This 'ain't no Russian Oligarch.
    well let's hope you're right, but 'realistic' needs some explanation .. realistic that RD is supplying long term players to cover positions which we would otherwise not be able to cover .. or realistic in that you are happy that potentially (this is just my interpretation of recent signings mind you) CAFC in the long term will just be a nursery club within the RD empire. Anyway, if the new influx can help get us a few points this season, all is good. I suspect that we will not see the full picture until next season
  • Options
    edited January 2014

PL54 said:

well let's hope you're right, but 'realistic' needs some explanation .. realistic that RD is supplying long term players to cover positions which we would otherwise not be able to cover .. or realistic in that you are happy that potentially (this is just my interpretation of recent signings mind you) CAFC in the long term will just be a nursery club within the RD empire. Anyway, if the new influx can help get us a few points this season, all is good. I suspect that we will not see the full picture until next season
    Frankly, I would be happy enough with being a nursery club IF the players developing here are good enough to keep us up season by season - maybe they will go on to bigger and better things (and more money) but if they cut it in the Championship, that is fine by me. Of course I would prefer RD to spend his money getting CAFC back into the Premiership, and keeping us there, but there are worse ways he could go about it... for arguments sake, stripping us of our best assets (Solly, Stephens, Kermorgant, Wiggins) and not replacing them at all.
  • Options
    I'm quite excited by our new signings.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

PL54 said:

Frankly, I would be happy enough with being a nursery club IF the players developing here are good enough to keep us up season by season - maybe they will go on to bigger and better things (and more money) but if they cut it in the Championship, that is fine by me. Of course I would prefer RD to spend his money getting CAFC back into the Premiership, and keeping us there, but there are worse ways he could go about it... for arguments sake, stripping us of our best assets (Solly, Stephens, Kermorgant, Wiggins) and not replacing them at all.
    a good post @thenewbie .. I am totally against CAFC being used as a nursery (I admit to jumping the gun here, we will see) but respect your opinion
  • Options
    Charlton has the biggest potential revenue. The man is a businessman. If anyone should be worried about being a nursery club, it's his other teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trouble is Ujpest is an RD club (owned?) by RD's son
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Charlton has the biggest potential revenue. The man is a businessman. If anyone should be worried about being a nursery club, it's his other teams.

not necessarily .. Standard Liege is one of the bigger Belgian clubs with possible European League potential .. and that is where the money is .. BUT .. we will see
  • Options
    if we are aloud 4 players from a club and our owner owns 4,does this mean we could have 12 loan players.After the Watford mess,looks like our man has found another loop hole
  • Options
    At least Watford signed some decent players on Loan, what on gods earth have we been given..... Ratman needs to put his hand in his pocket and dig deep.
  • Options
    Unimpressed so far, although still a few days to go.

Simeon Jackson, Harry Kane, Martyn Waghorn, Lucchio Becchio? Any one of them with Pigott going out on loan?

Attacking midfielder- Milan Lalkovic (Walsall, on loan from Chelsea), he's creating the chances that Walsall are knocking in, albeit in League 1.

Surely a couple of players with Championship experience will be coming in on loan?
  • Options
    I can't see RD weakening Liege (or any of his other clubs) by sending their better players to us. So are we just getting their Sordell/Nouble equivalents?

I am getting concerned about all these short term loans, they all seem young and inexperienced. So whether they are any better than our own players, and are up to standard (pardon the pun)!required for a relegation scrap, remains to be seen.

• Options
    its all getting a bit worrying with the transfer window closing soon,and all the other clubs around us seem to be doing something about it,all we are doing is taking Standards cast offs
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Simeon Jackson, Harry Kane, Martyn Waghorn, Lucchio Becchio? Any one of them with Pigott going out on loan?

Attacking midfielder- Milan Lalkovic (Walsall, on loan from Chelsea), he's creating the chances that Walsall are knocking in, albeit in League 1.

Surely a couple of players with Championship experience will be coming in on loan?

Totally agree with this.

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Totally agree with this.

And this, at the moment I am underwhelmed.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

not necessarily .. Standard Liege is one of the bigger Belgian clubs with possible European League potential .. and that is where the money is .. BUT .. we will see
    Charlton also have Champions League potential, as well as premiership potential... The fact is that in the long run, charlton has the better revenue potential than Liege.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me the contract situations of Powell, Kermorgant, Wiggins and Stephens are key. Any more than one of those leaving would make me think that the new owner has unrealistic expectations of what is achievable with players who cannot get in the Liege or Ujpest team.

I would also be very surprised if we do not pay money for someone in this transfer window, given our position. If nothing happens before then I will be very worried..
  • Options
    maximum 5 loan players on the teamsheet