Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kadell Daniel new deal - more to follow?

DMCDMC
edited January 2014 in General Charlton
firstly, apologies if there is already a thread, ive checked and couldn't see one though.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/9137091/championship-charlton-defender-kadell-daniel-signs-new-contract-until-2015

Charlton Athletic defender Kadell Daniel has confirmed he has signed a new contract with the Championship club.

Daniel joined Charlton on a free transfer back in September after the highly-rated 19-year-old rejected a new contract at local rivals Crystal Palace.

He has yet to make his breakthrough in Chris Powell's plans, but has extended his deal at The Valley until the summer of 2015.

"Happy to have signed a new deal with Charlton FC today. Onwards and upwards!" tweeted Daniel earlier.

Sky Sports understands that Daniel is also a loan target for clubs in League One and Two as he looks to gain first-team experience.

I havnt seen him play yet but I hear he is a real leader, if we hold on to stephens and Yann, do you think there could be more deals to follow?

Comments

• Options
    Are youngsters ever anything other than 'highly rated' ?
  • Options

not according to sky sports!
  • Options

yes.

They can be "destined for great things" or "tipped for stardom".

Occasionally they "need to be playing games at their age"
  • Options
    Usually, I would greet the contract extension of a youngster with hope and enthusiasm. But the black hole that is progress on the really important contract issues is casting a very large shadow over everything else. Well done youngster, well done, club, but where the hell is the big news?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Usually, I would greet the contract extension of a youngster with hope and enthusiasm. But the black hole that is progress on the really important contract issues is casting a very large shadow over everything else. Well done youngster, well done, club, but where the hell is the big news?

Big contracts from the first team are usually much more complicated things and he has only had a relatively short period of time to do anything. I personally feel that if he give SCP a new contract it will make everything so much easier for everyone but I suspect he has said something along the lines of "If you stay up, you get a new contract"
  • Options
    Charlton FC
    who are they?
  • Options

Doesn't have the same ring to it if they put

"Sluggish, a bit backward and never likely to amount to anything" but then that's just my opinion

• Options
    DMC said:

Davo55 said:

Big contracts from the first team are usually much more complicated things and he has only had a relatively short period of time to do anything. I personally feel that if he give SCP a new contract it will make everything so much easier for everyone but I suspect he has said something along the lines of "If you stay up, you get a new contract"
    Sure. But it might be too late by then in respect of the out of contract players and potential transfer dealings.

I would favour giving him a new contract now, with clear terms for severance payments/bonuses linked to league position this season and next.
  • Options
    I've never even heard of this lad. Was away on holiday when we signed him I think and never heard a peep about him since!
  • Options

I've never even heard of this lad. Was away on holiday when we signed him I think and never heard a peep about him since!

I thought he had been at charlton for quite a while. Ive heard good things about his football and he seems to have a talent with leadership. Ive spoken to him a couple of times via twitter and he seems alright as a person, strong willed but humble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB isn't he? If he is any good, then at 19 he should have been in the team today. Not knocking Lennon, but he is a CB I think?
  • Options

Are left feet anything other than cultured?

• Options

LB isn't he? If he is any good, then at 19 he should have been in the team today. Not knocking Lennon, but he is a CB I think?

Think he can and has played in a few positions, but not seen him myself.

He's just got a new contract so he's got more time to prove himself. It's Fox who future here might be in doubt. He's in the year above Lennon, a natural left back, recently gained some experience in League One, but didn't even make the bench tonight.
  • Options
    Yeah think that speaks volumes about Fox.
  • Options
    @Transfer_News24: A number of League One & Two sides want to sign Charlton defender Kadell Daniel on loan. #cafc

@KadsDaniel: Not a defender but it's ok
  • Options
    He's played for us in midfield.