Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton-Wigan: The Match

Charlton: Carson; Young, Hreidarsson, El Karkouri, Diawara; Rommedahl, Holland, Song, Thomas; Zheng, D Bent.

Subs: Randolph, Bougherra, Faye, Ambrose, M Bent.

Wigan: Filan; Hall, Baines, Jackson, De Zeeuw; Taylor, Skoko, Landzaat, McCulloch; Heskey, Folan.

Subs: Nash, Unsworth, Scharner, Kilbane, Valencia.

Comments

• My only change would have been to pick Ambrose instead of Rommedahl to replace M.Bent - He's played well, and chipped in with 3 goals since Pards took over.

C'MON YOU REDS.
  • Ambrose has been injured - missing the Newcastle match, I guess he isn't fit enough to start.
  • I would have still started him, even if it was only for an hour.

Romm is better suited to coming off the bench imho.
  • horrible first half - clearly very tense & Wigan look strong & physical

need a break from somewhere - i think the key lies with Thomas, need to get im cutting in from the left more
  • That was a similar display to the Newcastle 1st half (awful). A similar 2nd half would be nice..

In the big game (for us) at Bolton, Sheffield United are hanging in there despite being outplayed.
  • Romm off, Marcus Bent on...
  • it ain't gonna happen today :-(

we needed to win this one but we don't have the strength or guile to break them down
  • "it ain't gonna happen today :-("

You were saying??

Darren Bent....
  • Three minutes...
  • my mind flashed back to that home game vs Forest in our relegation season

such a similar game
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton 1-0 Sheff Utd
  • Newcastle 0-1 Man City
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]"it ain't gonna happen today :-("

You were saying??

Darren Bent....

it worked again :-)
  • Final whistle...

I make that:

Wigan 33 points and -15 goal difference
    Sheff Utd 31 points and -20 GD
    Charlton 30 points -20 GD

We are now within sight of safety, well played Charlton, well done Pards, we have momentum...
  • Still in it...
  • What a relief. Due to the disaster with the internet TV I ended up watching the Newcastle game and they so nearly equalised at the end. Are Boro going to drop into it? Hope so - that'll serve Southgate right.
  • Yessssss!!! That's 30 points in the bag.

Now, we just need THREE WINS and a DRAW to probably be safe - especially if we beat the Blades at home.

Feckin Newcastle, absolute twats. Roeder will be sacked if they lose to Blades next week.

Funny thing, Man City are doing really well away from home these days but are struggling to win at home, lets hope that continues.

Tell you what, I have a sneaky feeling that both Boro and Fulham could still get dragged right down into this still, there are a heap of teams who are still nowhere near safe.
  • Yep, shame Fulham got a late equaliser.

Man City v Charlton - both teams have won their last two games
  • The table....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm
  • I like the fact that you've been checking this until it gets updated. Beat me to it! It looks beautiful now. Just one more little rung to go and then make sure we don't drop again. Come on you 'addicks. I'm buzzing now. When we scored my neighbours got a shock. They must think I'm gearing up for the Lyon League Cup Final in a few hours!!
  • Sponsored links:

• that game really reminded me of the match against Forest in 99 - we were desperate for points but on a 3 match winning streak, they held us 0-0 & we (Redfearn i think) missed a penalty - it all went downhill from there

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=256350
  • Let's hope the Citeh game on Friday gives us a 3 match winning streak.......