Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why cant everyone have an opinion?

why is it that a powell out discussion gets closed instantly, whatever anyone thinks people should be able to have an opinion and just because the moderators disagree with it it has to be closed? if you dont want to read what is being said you dont have to open the post?

Comments

• Options
    sink
  • Options
    The 'Powells football is terrible' is usually the thread to have a moan about Powell.
  • Options

why is it that a powell out discussion gets closed instantly, whatever anyone thinks people should be able to have an opinion and just because the moderators disagree with it it has to be closed? if you dont want to read what is being said you dont have to open the post?

Would it have been closed had the title been Give CP more time ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
    I've reopened the thread anyway. If people want to debate about getting him out they can.

If it gets personal or abusive though we will have to look at it.
  • Options
    Vincent, you're back. Coincidence you haven't posted for eight days?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    LenGlover said:

I'm a great believer in diversity of views, unlike some, providing there is genuine debate rather than abuse.

What I do find difficult to tolerate though is the fact that some posters only ever come on here, like flies round a dog turd, to say sack the manager. When results are good you simply don't see them.

I wonder whether they really are Charlton fans or simply wind-up merchants.

Back in the netaddicks days there was a bloke with initials (?DFT I think) who only ever posted on "Curbs out" threads.

There are a few of those types on here it seems.

Was that Dave From Thamesmead (DFT) Len?....seem to remember him myself.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm a great believer in diversity of views, unlike some, providing there is genuine debate rather than abuse.

What I do find difficult to tolerate though is the fact that some posters only ever come on here, like flies round a dog turd, to say sack the manager. When results are good you simply don't see them.

I wonder whether they really are Charlton fans or simply wind-up merchants.

Back in the netaddicks days there was a bloke with initials (?DFT I think) who only ever posted on "Curbs out" threads.

There are a few of those types on here it seems.

Considering we have only won five times this season these posters must be on here a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think one mod told me once that its called 'favouritism'
  • Options

And you single me out why?
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Erm, because you've turned up after a defeat, talking bollocks.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Vincent said:

And all the time we have people like you on here I will carry on talking ........ Because that is all you understand
    Goodbye
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Uboat said:

Vincent said:

And all the time we have people like you on here I will carry on talking ........ Because that is all you understand
    Goodbye
    Even that doesn't make sense. Bye!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vincent said:

Vincent, you're back. Coincidence you haven't posted for eight
    days?

Just because I remember a previous discussion between us and your name stuck in my head for some reason.

Saw a high number of posts from you this evening so thought I'd see what else you had posted on recently.

Saw you hadnt posted anything about our recent victories so asked the question.

Question answered?

Now try answering mine?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Generally because the opinion only surfaces after we lose, in the heat of the moment, when the morons come out to play.

So you're a moron if you have an opinion after a defeat? I assume you're supremely chuffed with the performance tonight, then?
  • Options
    Can we please keep the sniping down.
  • Options
    We lose and everyone starts having a pop at each other.

Calm down and keep the faith!!

Let's get through this together, rather than going for our own fans.
  • Options
    I don't believe in closing threads because of a particular opinion. I do believe in everyone having an opinion but that means EVERYONE. This means if you have a minority view, you will be shouted down by people with the majority view. Everyone having an opinion does not mean "ooo everyone listen to me I know more than everyone else".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't believe in closing threads because of a particular opinion. I do believe in everyone having an opinion but that means EVERYONE. This means if you have a minority view, you will be shouted down by people with the majority view. Everyone having an opinion does not mean "ooo everyone listen to me I know more than everyone else".

WHAT A SHITE OPINION!

; )
  • Options
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is that I would prefer Chris Powell to be given more time and resources to manage Charlton. If he was I think he would do well.
    But I also think the new owners will probably get rid of him sooner rather than later as they will almost certainly panic over the league position. Which for any other manager here would have resulted in the sack before now.
    I hate football sometimes.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Well Len it worked for DFT, he got his wish.
  • Options
    It's all rubbish! Of course people can have an opinion and of course people are going up be annoyed , disappointed , angry etc etc after terrible performances and key defeats. Have your opinions and voice them rant and rave about anyone you want to rant and rave about just don't open 20 different threads on it. People aren't having a go for having different opinions some people want Powell out everytime things don't go their way, some people want to give him a chance and at least see what he can do with some spending power. There are Powell out threads loads of them and their are pro Powell threads, use them and voice away. Don't have a pop at admin for closing threads and say its because you're not allowed an opinion if you read their reasons before you Jump at them you will see its because their are already 206 threads on the matter (ok slight exaggeration but you see my point).
  • Options

It's all rubbish! Of course people can have an opinion and of course people are going up be annoyed , disappointed , angry etc etc after terrible performances and key defeats. Have your opinions and voice them rant and rave about anyone you want to rant and rave about just don't open 20 different threads on it. People aren't having a go for having different opinions some people want Powell out everytime things don't go their way, some people want to give him a chance and at least see what he can do with some spending power. There are Powell out threads loads of them and their are pro Powell threads, use them and voice away. Don't have a pop at admin for closing threads and say its because you're not allowed an opinion if you read their reasons before you Jump at them you will see its because their are already 206 threads on the matter (ok slight exaggeration but you see my point).

Tbh Sadie, I think there have been more 'Powell in' and 'Get behind him' threads started than 'Powell Out' threads meself.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Uboat said:

Vincent said:

Goodbye
    Brilliant.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Generally because the opinion only surfaces after we lose, in the heat of the moment, when the morons come out to play.

So you're a moron if you have an opinion after a defeat? I assume you're supremely chuffed with the performance tonight, then?
    I think "only" was the operative word.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I can't see the problem with only posting to moan. My uncle would only bell me on a Sunday if we lost or won playing shit, that's football, and that is definitely Charlton
  • Options
    Informed opinions, mindless rants, blind optimism, moans, half fulls and half empties, none of it bloody matters because the money man will do what he wants regardless. We all want our Charlton back, I just suspect that we will be sorely disappointed. In the meantime, I will stick with Chrissy because I know he cares passionately about the same Charlton as me.