Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP V Church

I could be wrong ..

But it annoys me how we let go of BWP and he is replaced by church who hasn't been a blast , I would have loved to see BWP vs Church goal ration if Powell ha given BWP the chances church has granted church works harder but now I'm thinking we really should have kept hold of BWP and given him a better chance I honestly don't think church would have got as many L1 goals as BWP did

(I'm not a Simon church hater just trying to look where we went wrong )

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking this this other day. In the end I suppose it came down to money BWP was on more than Church I believe.
  • Options
    Fuller and Haynes were on a different level to both.
  • Options
    Apart from the fact he was rumoured to have had a bit of a disruptive spell behind the scenes last season, I think even at the end of the summer, if Powell knew how things were, he too would have chose BWP over church
  • Options

BWP 1 goal in 19 games in the Championship. 0 goals in 2 games cup

Church 3 goals in 20 games in the championship. 3 goals in 4 games cup

So Church wins hands down.

Neither are Championship quality. End of.

But BWP was on the bench far more then what church has been , church has started far more , you have to bare that in mind
  • Options

Apart from the fact he was rumoured to have had a bit of a disruptive spell behind the scenes last season, I think even at the end of the summer, if Powell knew how things were, he too would have chose BWP over church

Ohh Did you hear what happened ? I'm completely in the dark as to what was rumoured to have happened I've never actually known ...
  • Options
    Church v N'Guessen
    Church v Kandol
    Church v Sordell
    Church v BWP
    Church v Pigott
    Church v Akpo Sodje
    Church v Mooney

Under no circumstances would my answer be Church.
  • Options
    One was quick but could not cut it in the Championship.

The other is slow and could not cut it in League 1.
  • Options
    I'd say Church is quicker than BWP.
  • Options
    Both not capable at this level.Full stop-end of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Church runs and runs but doesn't appear to anticipate Yann's flick on's as BWP did. Both Church and BWP were not championship quality I'm afraid
  • Options
    2014 Garry Nelson
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Got to disagree with you there. Even with dodgy knees
    BWP was quicker than Church.

• Options

cafctom said:

Got to disagree with you there. Even with dodgy knees
    BWP was quicker than Church.
    Wouldn't say there's much in it, if any. Church is not slow. He just can't shoot!

• Options
    Also, if you're BWP and had the choice of living in South London, sitting on the bench with a only chance of getting 20 minutes here and there and / or being loaned out to a League One side or moving to New York, playing every game up front with Thierry Henry. I'd be on the first flight out to New York.
  • Options
    Sad to see Churchy being painted as a victim here when the fact is that he's starved of the through ball from the midfield... This is the crux of the problem, remember Fuller and Yann HAS to create their own chances due to this problem...
  • Options
    Rothko said:

2014 Garry Nelson

nelson at hes age now is stil better than church!! oh garry garry!

• Options
    Funny how Church was heralded as a great signing and was identified as one we wanted before that!
    He works so hard and I wonder if that affects his ability to anticipate and be in the right place at the right time?
    Loved BWP. Some called him lazy but I always have a fond spot for a player who you know could turn it on at any minute
  • Options
    Personally prefer BWP, sure he did not set the world alight in the Championship but think he deserved more of a chance, of the 19 games, not all of those were starts. Church is not good enough for L1.

Yann at the Eltham Addicks meeting seemed disappointed at the way things worked out.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Funny how Church was heralded as a great signing and was identified as one we wanted before that!
    He works so hard and I wonder if that affects his ability to anticipate and be in the right place at the right time?
    Loved BWP. Some called him lazy but I always have a fond spot for a player who you know could turn it on at any minute

I don't remember anybody heralding Church as a great signing.
    I like his work rate and his endeavour but I'm not convinced he's ever going to score lots of goals .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have BWP over Church all day long
  • Options
    Striker is only as good as the service he gets tho. Hardly been missing sitter s as he , church that is,