Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SHOTS

Thought i'd do some analysis based on the BBC's stats on our games from 1st December

Team Charlton Oppo
Shots On target Shots On target

SHeff wed 10 1 21 5
reading 13 1 13 5
Bolton 9 4 13 5
Derby 11 4 10 4
Yeovil 9 4 13 5
brighton 12 3 17 4
ipswich 11 3 12 5
Boro 7 2 13 6
Doncaster 3 0 20 7

Total 85 22 132 46

Comments

• Options
    I did a few shots last night. Wish I bloody hadn't now!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm reminded of Curb's final words in the Dressing Room prior to the 'Back To The Valley' game. "Come on shots, plenty of shots".
  • Options
    I'm confused at what I'm reading at that table. But it's been obvious for months we don't create or score enough. Cameron Stewart was our most effective player at putting crosses in and had a decent shot on him think we miss him in a creative sense but 3 weeks later we still haven't replaced him.
  • Options
    So the most shots we have had on target in any game is 4, while 4 is the least number of shots our opponents have had in any game
  • Options
    We sold Smith without even giving him a proper chance - and yet we are a shot-shy team.

Unlike Pigott who has had some opportunities, and Church / Sordell who have had far too many opportunities,

Coming in on loan - a keeper we don't need, a midfielder we don't use, and a bloke who hasn't played for 2 years !

Something is very wrong with the thinking behind the scenes!
  • Options
    It's a shame, because we're 14th in terms of average goals conceded. Clearly we're not creating enough but is that down to the midfield, poor running from strikers or both? I think something different up front would help, particularly if they know where the goal is. I think we've lost something since Stewart's gone though.
  • Options

RedmidlandMember

January 28

addicks win a fk....alnwick to take it.......sends it in...church heads....straight at keeper
  • Options
    knowing Church it was back to Alnwick !!
  • Options
    Lack of shots isn't usually the strikers fault, it's mainly down to midfield service.

Shots/shots on target ratio is more a strikers' issue.